dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,174 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:39 AM

GOLD RUSH

@Schuldensuehner
FollowFollow @Schuldensuehner
More

#Gold extends gains as investors rush into Gold ETFs: Funds backed by gold increased their assets by 32 tons, the biggest increase since 2016, according to data tracked by Bloomberg.

D90uH-GXsAEpAlH.jpg
4:36 AM - 24 Jun 

#32 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,000 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:05 AM

The market is still on the hope/hype that a trade deal will be reached between Trump and Xi at G20.  The realistic outlook is that they can only get both sides back on the negotiation table, but no deal can be reached for a long time.   I see no no deal this year.  Meanwhile, the trade war already had impacts on the economy and it's likely we will see the impacts on the corporate earnings to be out soon............

Edited by redfoliage2, 24 June 2019 - 09:10 AM.

#33 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:06 AM

but Trump could put the tariffs on hold and "kick the can down the road"  which will make the markets rocket up 

#34 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,174 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:35 AM

The market is still on the hope/hype that a trade deal will be reached between Trump and Xi at G20.  The realistic outlook is that they can only get both sides back on the negotiation table, but no deal can be reached for a long time.   I see no no deal this year.  Meanwhile, the trade war already had impacts on the economy and it's likely we will see the impacts on the corporate earnings to be out soon............

Yeah, that's about it
I think both sides will agree to talk again and finesse what looks like a deal later this year; it will be inconsequential but the market will be relieved and rally  3 to 4 % and then drop sharply

#35 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,174 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:37 AM

but Trump could put the tariffs on hold and "kick the can down the road"  which will make the markets rocket up 

That's it -- hit the nail on the head. 

Talk again, manufacture a "deal" and kick that worry down the road to ...who knows when, or never, until after 2020

Markets will enjoy it, rally, but then get back to basic earnings and the economy

#36 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,174 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:38 AM

Summer snoozefest

But a dull market can be very dangerous for those who are complacent

They will wring out every molecule of volatility and then the real action begins

when this happens? no one knows

#37 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:45 AM

This will never be done...we're dealing with a business man not a politician who wouldn't have the gonads to do this in the first place.

Again...the United States doesn't need anyone to survive economically...not so with anyone else on the planet unless its doctrine.

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 24 June 2019 - 11:45 AM.

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#38 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:47 PM

yea - we are also dealing with a guy who is running for relection - the last thing is the world he needs is for the market to tank right at this moment 

#39 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,000 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:27 PM

yea - we are also dealing with a guy who is running for relection - the last thing is the world he needs is for the market to tank right at this moment 

No doubt this will be a fat black swan in 2020................

#40 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:58 PM

Which is closer than the truth than many would realize...if China is foolishly using the Presidential polling data as a proxy, they would be more than happy to wait it out until after the election where all of this would be cancelled.

Problem is, between now and then, China could wind up losing more than they ever imagined to other countries in that region...permanently.

So pick a door: the lady or the tiger.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions