• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:32 PM

just cancelled stock charts too

It's just another worthless service, they don't make money from trading, they make it from subscriptions. All systems fail, every one, and 95% of stock market traders lose, we all have good periods but the end is the same for most. Buy and hold for 30 years is different, but sitting and doing nothing is counterintuitive to being productive.

#12 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:58 PM

I have several accounts at TD Ameritrade, and opened them originally with Think or Swim.  Even today, and the charts and real time quotes are free.  Probably 10,000+ free indicators plus all the custom coding you feel like writing.  However, if you trade more than 100 times a month, you will find out the commissions will mount up compared to a place like Interactive brokers which have commissions about 75% less.  The platform can have a half second delay in data at busy times, open/close, and the software uses about 4-6 Gigs of RAM.

#13 jdjimenez

jdjimenez

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:55 AM

I also use Think or Swim for their charts. If you can qualify as a Preferred Account Holder at Bank of America you can trade for free at Merrill Edge and I understand that their charts are also excellent. I trade my Merrill Edge accounts for free and use TD Ameritrade for my CD's and of course the charts on their platform. Since CD's trade for free I have a zero cost for trading everything.

Remember the old days??????????????????

JDJ

#14 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:23 AM

No matter what kind of system you have or continue to trade, it doesn't matter because 95% of traders continue to lose money,

you can have what looks like an 80% system, but you are still up against the 95% failure rate regardless.

Commissions alone will be a third of your losses. That's why there are so many brokerages and now offering 25-100 free trades, they know they will make 75k in commissions off of you if they can turn you into an active trader.

Buy and hold doesn't just outperform trading, it's the difference between all your money gone and having some to take out when you decide to.