Yeah, I'd be getting out of US stocks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:11 AM

Getting very risky. Risk vs reward is not worth it. Even if some indices manage new highs ....great traders always sell too early

Edited by skott, 25 June 2019 - 12:13 AM.

#2 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:33 PM

Looks like another Bingo

#3 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:29 PM

Much more down in your opinion?

#4 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:32 PM

yes, of course. A whole lot more but I'm not going to attempt day to day movements.

#5 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:55 PM

The bell tolls for thee

#6 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:14 AM

Skott, what you mean by The bell tolls for thee?

The market is up a good amount since a lot since prior posts. Still expecting much more down?

#7 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:40 AM

you never heard the famous saying "the bell tolls for thee" ???  you could have googled it but here is a good summation:

for whom the bell tolls. An expression from a sermon by John Donne. Donne says that because we are all part of mankind, any person's death is a loss to all of us: “Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.”

As for why I said it here, it was a play on words in two ways. first the above and second, the saying that no one rings a bell at the top of the stock market. I will repeat what I said in the post

"Even if some indices manage new highs ....great traders always sell too early "    Would you rather sell too early or too late?  That is always the challenge and that is one of the reasons why markets drop so fast.