Photo

Market in holding pattern ... breakout soon! (up or down?)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,170 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:46 AM

Lots of FED speak today, beware!

Market in holding pttern, wait and see, needing a catalyst for the next major move.

Weekend G20 meeting may provide that.

It's painful to trade this aimless drifting market but.... no matter what, trading is the greatest job in the world! 

Let me provoke you with this:

Helene Meisler @hmeisler
FollowFollow @hmeisler
More

I have not looked at this sentiment survey in years but inadvertently clicked on it just now. WOW. WOW. https://www.tsptalk.com/sentiment.php 

D92vWP5X4AMg20v.png
2:00 PM - 24 Jun 2019

#2 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,170 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:49 AM

FOMO is rising as more and more dip buyers are afraid of missing the move up (secret: do no tell them the MOVE UP is almost over, for now!)

DarkMoonCapital @AssetReset
FollowFollow @AssetReset
More
Replying to @hks55 @hmeisler

My mother in law who can barely speak English asked me if she should get in on the next IPO. Yes, the sentiment is near “panic.”

2:59 PM - 24 Jun 2019

#3 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,170 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:52 AM

One of the unofficial official voices of the Chinese govt on Twitter:

1. Current atmosphere between China and the US is not good. What I have learned about China's stance now is: holding constructive and positive attitude toward upcoming China-US summit, but fully preparing for its failure and an escalating trade war.

66 replies167 retweets310 likes

Retweet

Direct message

.@SecPompeo has become the most troublesome US official for China. He can no longer play the role of a top US diplomat between the two countries. To China, he is still a CIA director who takes over State Department.

#4 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,170 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:54 AM

Never seen this before but I do not doubt THIS FED will cut interest rates with SPX near record highs! 

Call of the day: Four, yes four Fed rate cuts this year says @biancoresearch . Plus a cautious $rut chart from @jessefelder and a downright scary $spx one from @OddStats . https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-you-should-keep-your-eyes-open-during-this-june-rally-2019-06-24?mod=mw_theo_homepage 

D91DREVWwAEGp7X.jpg
6:08 AM - 24 Jun 2019

#5 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,000 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:40 AM

It will break down after the G20, for now it may just hold .................

#6 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,000 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:46 AM

FOMO is rising as more and more dip buyers are afraid of missing the move up (secret: do no tell them the MOVE UP is almost over, for now!)

DarkMoonCapital‏ @AssetReset
FollowFollow @AssetReset
More
Replying to @hks55 @hmeisler

My mother in law who can barely speak English asked me if she should get in on the next IPO. Yes, the sentiment is near “panic.”

2:59 PM - 24 Jun 2019

If the market is still at this high level in mid July, i'm sure there will be no rate cut.  Just look at weekly charts of  fed rates it's near historically low and there is not much room left for the Fed and the Fed won't waste its bullets at this point.   All the fuss just hype.

Edited by redfoliage2, 25 June 2019 - 08:55 AM.

#7 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,170 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:56 AM

Holger Zschaepitz @Schuldensuehner
FollowFollow @Schuldensuehner
More

Oops! Two groups of stocks are about to send crisis-era signals on the economy: Small caps, transportation shares tumble relative to S&P 500. Prior dislocations have preceded broader market sell-offs. https://www.bloombergquint.com/markets/two-groups-of-stocks-about-to-send-crisis-era-signals-on-economy 

D93LIoeXkAAKLAP.jpg
4:02 PM - 24 Jun 2019

#8 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,170 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:59 AM

Douglas KassVerified account @DougKass
FollowFollow @DougKass
More

This morning on @realmoney * Nowhere to run, no where to hide. * A vivid example of the market's overvaluation is stock prices/tangible book value. * More signposts of slowing global economic growth. (See below) * Transports/S&P at lowest level since 2009. @jimcramer @tomkeene

4:00 AM - 25 Jun 2019 from Manhattan, NY

#9 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,170 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:01 AM

Douglas KassVerified account @DougKass
FollowFollow @DougKass
More

* Central banks seem hell bent in continuing their monetary largesse as signs of a structural growth slowdown multiply. * Whether it's the ease of current policy or, in the extreme, a broadening acceptance of modern monetary theory (MMT) - the pendulum of monetary belief seems).

#10 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,170 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:02 AM

What a boring market!

David Larew @ThinkTankCharts
FollowFollow @ThinkTankCharts
More

Tick - Rising vs. Declining stocks in the NYSE - 1 min chart - shows declining sentiment.

D96QtiBWkAE_YxA.jpg
6:25 AM - 25 Jun 2019