• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:29 PM

Our Actual Position Poll is VERY good at telling us when a market is NOT at all likely to be topping. Back last Thursday and Friday, we knew that neither day was at all likely to be a top of any importance. As such, we knew that we should be looking to buy dips. That, obviously, was a good strategy.

But all this works only if we participate in the poll. Our group is fairly static, which makes the poll data reasonably reliable, but participation is down which makes it less reliable. We need your regular participation in the poll.

You have to be registered to vote. Contact me here (or at admin at traders-talkdotcom) to get registered.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:04 PM

Mark, have you ever considered making participation in the poll "automatic" when a registered person tries to enter the Fearless Forecasters?  I notice you have many visitors each day.  That would definitely get you a bigger sample and should be relatively easy to program. It would be quite a small inconvenience to peruse the discussions. Of course, you may not want Wrong Way Corrigans like me participating.  

Regards,

Douglas

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:28 PM

Douglas, the utility in this data is that the pool of voters is relatively unchanged and we have many years experience with the poll. I want to introduce as little change as possible. I worry about even this little nudge.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#4 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:45 PM

Douglas, the utility in this data is that the pool of voters is relatively unchanged and we have many years experience with the poll. I want to introduce as little change as possible. I worry about even this little nudge.

Mark

why changing anything then ? I have almost never voted and probably that's a good thing for your polls because I don' t understand a f@@@ about day trading (but I' m good in position trading). In any case if you want more people voting you should promise them something in change.....for example a for free course of English by da cheif or something like that. I would be very tempted to partecipate in that case, but I' m not sure it would be good for your polls.  Joking...cheif is not that bad also as a teacher of English    

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#5 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 06:31 PM

a lot of times, I voted and then I deleted my vote in case I disturb your valuable poll statistics. 

#6 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:16 PM

Mark

why changing anything then ? I have almost never voted and probably that's a good thing for your polls because I don' t understand a f@@@ about day trading (but I' m good in position trading). In any case if you want more people voting you should promise them something in change.....for example a for free course of English by da cheif or something like that. I would be very tempted to partecipate in that case, but I' m not sure it would be good for your polls.  Joking...cheif is not that bad also as a teacher of English    

watchu tawkin bout bro?

#7 Rich C

Rich C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 05:33 PM

I vote about 90% of the time, and the other 10%, I get distracted by travel, family, or just busy.  At first I thought it might be hard to come up with a vote, but I know my position, so that takes 1 second.  My outlook, all I have to do is think about the trades I am doing, buying or selling.  That takes 5 seconds, and I actually find it personally useful to make that clear call.

Blogging at http://RichInvesting.wordpress.com

My swing trades typically last a couple of weeks to a couple of months. 

#8 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 11:16 AM

Mark

watchu tawkin bout bro?

tawkin bout......someone's aulic English, LOL. But I know.....it's wanted, you' re a funny character    

#9 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 12:18 PM

Mark

watchu tawkin bout bro?

tawkin bout......someone's aulic English, LOL. But I know.....it's wanted, you' re a funny character    

funny character........i was a standup comedian once but i quit........;...................................all they did was laff at me

#10 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 05:20 AM

Mark

watchu tawkin bout bro?

funny character........i was a standup comedian once but i quit........;...................................all they did was laff at me

if you are an alpha male or think to be an alpha male, you cannot then cry because of how people behave with you.

Two years ago I was in a shop and while giving my surname to the shop assistant (who by the way was a pretty blond girl carrying my same surname....which is somewhat typical in this northern area of the peninsula) a lady stood up and told me she had a guy in her high-school classroom with the same surname. Soon after she recognized me while I still wasn' t able to recognize her, until she told me who she was. A minute later she told the assistant  ''....you don' t imagine what a nerd this guy was''. Well, apart that I was a handsome guy phisically very different to any portrayed nerd of any tv show you can think to, these words immediately reminded me how difficult it was back then to find friendship somewhere. Because no one like those who stand above and in that classroom I stood five meters above the smartest of the remaining rest. Conclusion.......when you were born alpha or even if you think you were born such, don' t cry because of your nature, otherwise you are a......beta