Market top seems likely

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:11 PM

fib, you dont think it closes gaps at 2940 and 2900...maybe a st move before higher

Anything is possible, of course, but the odds of this happening at this time are very low given the high amounts of liquidity the market now enjoys.

Better to go with the path of least resistance than to arbitrary decide when enough is enough...the market will eloquently tell you when that time is.

At this point, if you're either a swing/day trader or scalper, I would wait until 2958 is hit before even entertaining a short, otherwise, you'll likely lose more than you'll gain...and the effort will be twice as hard.

Fib

You mention 2958 before considering a short, Thanks for throwing a number... May I ask your train of thought there?  At that price point it may turn your TA to bearish?

2958 was the approximate level of the intraday lows of 7/2 that finished above the previous day's mid range close.

Any move below this level then would show that the sellers were beginning to take an upper hand on a near term basis (that of the 1 to 2 days).

Currently, the daily SPX is in an bullish configuration with the 20 day EMA leading the 50 day EMA which is leading the 200 day EMA to the upside.

Until that changes, the trend of least resistance remains to the upside on a short term basis (that of 4-6 weeks).

At this point, I see that you've begun to follow the BETS indicator a bit more...I would use that as a demarcation tool between bullish and bearish control of the market.

Oh...and by the way...the SPX breadth McClellan Summation Index has already given an upside target objective of around 3200 for this current price sequence,

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#12 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:20 PM

I see bearish divergences on most of these charts: https://stockcharts..../dpgallery.html

#13 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:51 PM

I see bearish divergences on most of these charts: https://stockcharts..../dpgallery.html

Maybe...but until they're actually triggered, it's just an observation of a lessening of buying pressure.

Hope you're doing well Hal.

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#14 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 06:05 PM

Thanks for the kind wishes, but I'm not Hal.

#15 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for the kind wishes, but I'm not Hal.

My mistake...old timers disease...but I still wish you well!

Fib

#16 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:41 AM

The Actual Position Poll has been saying for weeks that there's virtually no chance of a top of any importance. Day after day after day. Now, one day this will change (it's a daily indicator), but until it does, I'm loath to look any way but long.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#17 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:53 PM

Suggest you sit on your hands, you're way too early...maybe early September?

Fib

suggest get long and stay long   675 ono

#18 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,463 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 02:58 PM

Suggest you sit on your hands, you're way too early...maybe early September?

Fib

suggest get long and stay long   675 ono

I'm just curious have you actually just stayed long from 675 skipping all the corrections and just put up stuff to show where they might be or do you actually trade them?  Just curious as I'm assuming your last one with the moon thing means down for a bit?

#19 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:27 PM

justa sample of why i was timer of the year 17 times in 8 years  

https://www.siliconi...htxt=opex short