Photo

TOPPING in process ... on Friday or OPEX next week.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,679 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:05 AM

Do not stand in the way, wait for the right time to short.....

zerohedge @zerohedge
FollowFollow @zerohedge
More

The following Fed speakers today will explain why it's time to cut rates with the S&P above 3,000: Williams, Barkin, Bostic, Quarles, Kashkari

4:26 AM - 11 Jul 2019

#12 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,679 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:07 AM

I want to buy QQQ puts but will be patient and wait for the best entry. Rally is still strong, not trying to be a hero; VXX might go down to my 

entry long levels in the low 23s or lower

zerohedge @zerohedge
FollowFollow @zerohedge
More

S&P Futures Above 3,000 After Powell "Gives Traders License To Buy Everything"

https://www.zerohedg...-buy-everything

#13 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,212 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:12 AM

Scratching head...WTF??

Holger Zschaepitz‏ @Schuldensuehner
FollowFollow @Schuldensuehner
More

Totally absurd: #Germany sold new 10y Bund w/no coupon for 1st time since 2016. Investors paid record yield of -0.26% to lend Germany money. Neg yield means investors who buy the paper will get back less than amount they paid when the bond matures in 2029. https://www.ft.com/content/7591b908-a2ea-11e9-974c-ad1c6ab5efd1 

D_LJAODXkAA5yjj.jpg
12:08 AM - 11 Jul 2019

This sure doesn't make sense to me why would anyone buy them!!

#14 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,679 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:24 AM

just repeating....it's a game this trade war...thing

talk nice when SPX low

threaten when SPX high

read this strategy and know how to use it to make lots of money

#15 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:45 PM

Amazing to watch the market (ES and NQ) run out of gas about an hour or so ago.  Bullish percent down a couple of days in a row due to RUT and MID outright weakness.  All down is still just a temporary thing, but the MID and RUT are giving some similar signals like they did in September 2018 as the DOW, NDX, SPX just kept going higher into early October.  Breadth nowhere near as weak as it was then, and the VIX strength missing as well.  Always a sight to behold when the Bots hit the exit door all at once now.  dTraderB-- Many thanks for mentioning the think tank twitter items.  That guy has some great stockcharts.

#16 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:28 AM

Seems two TLs have may have been put behind, so let's see if this continues upward...

SP00-240-7-12-19.jpg

#17 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:25 PM

This is an experiment... I've never tried this technique before, not have I ever seen it tried before, so I will be interested to see how it plays out.  This chart suggests upward until later in the month, then down in August and mid-September, probably due to no rate cut, then up again into mid-October... until it plays out in early January up near my ~3290 target for wave-(x):(iv)... watching.

SPX-D-7-12-19.jpg

#18 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:12 AM

This is an experiment... I've never tried this technique before, not have I ever seen it tried before, so I will be interested to see how it plays out.  This chart suggests upward until later in the month, then down in August and mid-September, probably due to no rate cut, then up again into mid-October... until it plays out in early January up near my ~3290 target for wave-(x):(iv)... watching.

SPX-D-7-12-19.jpg

Tim, cycle Low is due to arrive in late August. Any rally following rate cut could be a 1 day affair. In fact, a quarter point cut could result in massive sell-off, only a half point would save the current rally, IMHO.