FED juiced-up melt-up will MELT DOWN

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,341 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:34 AM

This has been of the busiest two days for me for a long time, maybe since last December.

I am trying to build a BIG short position that includes QQQ puts and VXX longs, while trading NQ VST  mode  with full position scaled in (4-2-2)

So far, it has been DAY TRADING ALL THREE but finally I stick with 1/2 position VXX long and now holding 8 QQQ puts. 

Hopefully, I can get QQQ puts with QQQ > 195  and VXX longs at VXX < 22

Irrational exuberance phase is in progress. This juiced-up FED melt-up will melt down, could start today or wait until fter the 100% certain FED rate cut that is already priced into the market.

Definitely Not A Fed-Juiced Melt-Up, Nope!

https://www.zerohedg...uiced-melt-nope

#2 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,341 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:37 AM

lots of typos inthat post ....busy

#3 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:42 PM

dTraderB -

you have been all over the forum stating the market is going down just as we hit all time highs.

unless there is bad news related to China - that wont happen soon.

there is bad news such as this :

https://www.scmp.com...more-farm-goods

and complex problems such as this :

https://www.scmp.com...ost-trade-talks

but much of this is offset by a very dovish Fed who is pricing this all in and maybe we get a 50 basic cut 

the BIG wild card would be a Tweet of a angry nature that there is no progress being made and some other action must happen "now"

( China has now up their trade team by bring in their best US experts )

on the  reverse if China were to start a complain of "blacklisting"  companies that would be very bearish for the markets 

#4 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:49 PM

I’m in agreement. I went home short a large position $SPX call credit spreads.

#5 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:18 PM

I'm seeing some important warning signals for next week..... Looking to trade some TZA and VXX once I get the final signal.....  VXF remains on a daily hold (long position), but going flat into next week based on other indicators....

Have a nice weekend....

Edited by robo, 12 July 2019 - 05:22 PM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#6 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:04 PM

u guys    .....u all worry 2 much     ....watch the sky

#7 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:32 AM

When The Feds Involved,

It just scared the crap out of me shorting.  I have seen this movie several times and been toasted on most occasions.  What ever you call it,  Fed Juice, QE-1-2-3-4  Take your pick.  It seems when everything says this is it,  there's no doubt... That they release some fake news... Make a tweet...  or just flat buy at the same points we see as a break down (IF).  Years ago I had a hard time believing this...  But I paid my Dues... They Schooled me good.  

Then on top of that the Put Buyers rush in and that fuels the next 10 point pop.  Rinse/Repeat!!  

In General I don't think Trader Services are needed.  BUT...  At times like these a good reputable service as in Mark's service...  Fib's... Semi's... and a few others here are very great road maps.  These trades know the inner pulse of the market with no emotion involved.  

Then there's this...  Posted here a few days ago that stuck in my mind.  When they come back, and 'They" will there is an easy 15% jump coming.  https://pbs.twimg.co...=png&name=small

For a big move down,... Your waiting/hoping/predicting 'An Event'  And the chances of that are less than 50/50

The best trades in times such as these are to wait for news/small events and watch the VST indicators and climb in the boat with the really smart money.  "They Are Whats Controlling This Circus! 

Recently I have been big in studying Cycles...  They are great without big manipulation.  BUT "They"  watch these to... And they know when they are due...  And that is when they pump the hardest.  

I personally think next week points down,  Maybe pretty hard....  But Do I trust it?  No....  

Good trades forcasters and "-od Beless"

#8 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:01 AM

j10TcSiKms.0.png

#9 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 08:55 AM

We are still in a strong uptrend, so I will not trade against it...    With that said, if I were to short it would be technology ( QQQ ).   Looking at a variety of Tea Leafs, I do think the SPY will continue higher this next week....       I do see divergence as well, but this divergence is high on MACD...   

qqqtrdr

#10 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 09:26 AM

In times like these (week prior to expiration) my method of trading/shorting is to sell call spreads for credit and collect premium. I’m short the $SPX 3040 & 3045 calls expiring next week. If we rally 1% early next week then this trade will lose me $. If on the other hand, we remain flat to down this trade makes $ very rapidly.

When The Feds Involved,

It just scared the crap out of me shorting.  I have seen this movie several times and been toasted on most occasions.  What ever you call it,  Fed Juice, QE-1-2-3-4  Take your pick.  It seems when everything says this is it,  there's no doubt... That they release some fake news... Make a tweet...  or just flat buy at the same points we see as a break down (IF).  Years ago I had a hard time believing this...  But I paid my Dues... They Schooled me good.  

Then on top of that the Put Buyers rush in and that fuels the next 10 point pop.  Rinse/Repeat!!  

In General I don't think Trader Services are needed.  BUT...  At times like these a good reputable service as in Mark's service...  Fib's... Semi's... and a few others here are very great road maps.  These trades know the inner pulse of the market with no emotion involved.  

Then there's this...  Posted here a few days ago that stuck in my mind.  When they come back, and 'They" will there is an easy 15% jump coming.  https://pbs.twimg.co...=png&name=small

For a big move down,... Your waiting/hoping/predicting 'An Event'  And the chances of that are less than 50/50

The best trades in times such as these are to wait for news/small events and watch the VST indicators and climb in the boat with the really smart money.  "They Are Whats Controlling This Circus! 

Recently I have been big in studying Cycles...  They are great without big manipulation.  BUT "They"  watch these to... And they know when they are due...  And that is when they pump the hardest.  

I personally think next week points down,  Maybe pretty hard....  But Do I trust it?  No....  

Good trades forcasters and "-od Beless"