Funnymentals - Pick your shorts...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:52 AM

(click, uh... CAREFULLY on the image for the story)

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:10 PM

This list is actually pretty funny...in essence they're writing off anything Americana or Capitalistic.

BTW: Sports of grit and high contact (football and hockey) do well in bear markets...Sports that have little or no contact, that of finesse, are bull market sports (like baseball and tennis).

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:38 PM

I can’t believe how we’ve enabled this new generation to have their way. I grew up learning to follow the rules, keep my nose clean and be respectful. These clueless kids have taken over and entire industries are appeasing this B.S.
Boy, how the world has evolved. First it was all about being “P.C.” and that argument won out, now just being candid causes
sensitive people to be unsettled. Now the world is catering to the Millenials. I often refer to all of the aforementioned change as the pussification of America.
I’ll continue to speak my mind, regardless of how others take it. I’ll always be unapologetically Me....

#4 mbeider

mbeider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:18 PM

Well said Kirk...   

#5 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 03:41 AM

What about the lates? Grand Funk Railroad MUST change its name or be shunned!! Goes to exactly what you said Kirk. GFR needs to fly the bird.