• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:32 PM

From the link:

Trader Vic Sperandeo noted one time that any time a major index goes four or more days in one direction at the end of an intermediate advance or decline the first reversal day is the change of trend. Trouble is I don’t think he ever quite defined what constitutes an intermediate advance or decline. One can look at charts and see he has been right again and again and again but then there is that one time…and that one time can kill anyone who doesn’t play defense. This advance is essentially five weeks old with a minor drop in the middle, projected here in this post below :#MarketTiming – a black candles Thursday leading to….

For more story and a chart:

SPY Trudging Higher But Watching For A Reversal Day

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:22 PM

what does da cheif say

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:35 PM

Posted this almost everywhere else yesterday - Twitter, Reddit, Facebook - but forgot to post it here. Oh, well, it's still in play.

Can an upswing? uptrend? bull market? bear market rally? end not with a bang, not with a whimper, instead with a ...

FROM THE LINK:

Now the question will be, as suggested in yesterday’s post, is this little-bitty down the reversal day Trader Vic Sperandeo says can end an intermediate uptrend. Probably not, but it will not surprise me if one of these days this rally this year falls apart catching everyone in a yawn.

For the rest of the story and a chart panel:

A YAWN?

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:04 PM

Twitter feed for:

WALKING THE PUT PATH IN THE DAY TRADE

Flat now but may have to jump back in if a continued sell off materializes into the close.

#5 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:13 PM

Twitter feed for:

WALKING THE PUT PATH IN THE DAY TRADE

Flat now but may have to jump back in if a continued sell off materializes into the close.

The final result: a 116% gain for the day. The twitter path is in the link above.