• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:17 PM

FROM THE LINK:

With the NYSI declining, one can only assume swing traders will be looking for short entries, options traders playing puts predominantly (see the post below), and long-term investors should tighten stops to their individual risk tolerance or just hold their breath and hope not to die.

Of note: NFLX after the bell reported earnings, a shortfall in expected subscriptions, and is getting clobbered in overnight trading. That may set a tone for trading tomorrow. Intriguing how often news comes along from somewhere to agree with the NYMO/NYSI breadth indicators.

FOR THE STORY AND THE FEAR-AND-GREED CHART

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,020 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:59 AM

ITBM gave a Sell. My summation still hasn't confirmed.

Cumulative A/D still positive.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 11:22 AM

My momentum work is still short, but there a chance a reversal back to long is not far off... twt.

SP00-240-7-18-19-1.jpg

#4 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:12 PM

Yep... there she goes:

SP00-60-7-18-19.jpg

#5 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,020 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:43 PM

Nice.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#6 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:10 PM

FROM THE LINK:

With the NYSI declining, one can only assume swing traders will be looking for short entries, options traders playing puts predominantly (see the post below), and long-term investors should tighten stops to their individual risk tolerance or just hold their breath and hope not to die.

Of note: NFLX after the bell reported earnings, a shortfall in expected subscriptions, and is getting clobbered in overnight trading. That may set a tone for trading tomorrow. Intriguing how often news comes along from somewhere to agree with the NYMO/NYSI breadth indicators.

FOR THE STORY AND THE FEAR-AND-GREED CHART

From the link:

Nothing much more to say. The market will go down until it doesn’t, and granted, that could be even as early as tomorrow. The VIX remains below 15, which is a bullish level indicating this is likely a pullback and not a serious correction.

The open matters:

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#7 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:19 PM

Yep... there she goes:

SP00-60-7-18-19.jpg

And there she keeps going...

SP00-240-7-18-19-3.jpg

#8 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:21 PM

NYSI.jpg

ad.jpg
Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#9 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:26 AM

Everyone should remember that the McClellan Summation Index only measures the distance between two exponential moving averages, in this case, a 19 day EMA (10% Trend) and a 39 day EMA (5% Trend) of the cumulative advance/decline (breadth) or up/down (volume) lines.

The higher or lower this indicator is from its zero line, the greater (or lesser) the distance between the two.

So what you're seeing with a cursory view of the MCSUM is both the directional flow of investment capital and its velocity of it either moving in or out of the market.

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 19 July 2019 - 10:27 AM.

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions