Photo

Dead cat or not, the open always matters...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:02 PM

From the link:

Today’s recovery was enough to turn up the NYMO which is a cautious buy signal. I say “cautious” because long-term breadth is declining. Consequently, today’s turn could be a dead-cat bounce with the downward slide resuming in short order. It’s a trade worth taking with a tight, impatient stop — in other words for me it better go my way right away or I’m going away.

For the rest of the story and the charts:

THE OPEN ALWAYS MATTERS

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:50 PM

From the link:

Today’s recovery was enough to turn up the NYMO which is a cautious buy signal. I say “cautious” because long-term breadth is declining. Consequently, today’s turn could be a dead-cat bounce with the downward slide resuming in short order. It’s a trade worth taking with a tight, impatient stop — in other words for me it better go my way right away or I’m going away.

THE OPEN ALWAYS MATTERS

Don't know about the Dow, but in SPY options, today's 300 puts, this cat died in a grand, grand fashion! Up 250% on the day trade.

The open matters especially in this most bearish of "bull markets".

yes.gif

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:05 PM

From the link:

THE OPEN ALWAYS MATTERS

Don't know about the Dow, but in SPY options, today's 300 puts, this cat died in a grand, grand fashion! Up 250% on the day trade.

The open matters especially in this most bearish of "bull markets".

yes.gif

Sold too soon! Up 338% on the close.

THAT DARN CAT!

cat.gif

Edited by diogenes227, 19 July 2019 - 03:07 PM.