Potential Lehman style selloff ahead

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:57 AM

Took some profit on shorts on sp, fax and hsbc. Waiting to reload.

Keep Calm and be Long

My opinion on markets, or anything, is a health hazard. Follow or fade at your own risk!

#12 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:30 AM

Think we are overdue an asset repricing cycle. Housing pricing which was the last bastion of support will need to drop.

Many years ago, during the housing boom, someone point out to me that as long as income is growing and everyone is employed; it is not possible for prices to fall.

Personal poll, not likely for income and job level to continue growing. Next productivity revolution may simply lead to less jobs and not more jobs; increasing polarisation in society even more.

Waiting patiently more the global reset.....

Keep Calm and be Long

My opinion on markets, or anything, is a health hazard. Follow or fade at your own risk!

#13 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:35 AM

Next productivity revolution may simply lead to less jobs and not more jobs; increasing polarisation in society even more.

it will be just more other jobs, like in 18th, 19th etc. centuries.

"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#14 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:19 AM

Next productivity revolution may simply lead to less jobs and not more jobs; increasing polarisation in society even more.

Could be. I remember during the financial crisis in 08, I was then working in finance, and I was invited to a gathering in Newport city N.J. Guests were mostly useful pillars of society like bus driver, cook, guide .... I still remember how they were badly hit. Point is, there will usually be a large segment of society who may not benefit.

Keep Calm and be Long

#15 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:41 AM

Took some profit on shorts on sp, fax and hsbc. Waiting to reload.

covered some more shorts...

think there maybe a bounce later. Won't go long, will short it tomorrow asia time before us open.

Edited by punter, 12 August 2019 - 09:43 AM.

Keep Calm and be Long

#16 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:52 AM

Could be. I remember during the financial crisis in 08, I was then working in finance, and I was invited to a gathering in Newport city N.J. Guests were mostly useful pillars of society like bus driver, cook, guide .... I still remember how they were badly hit. Point is, there will usually be a large segment of society who may not benefit.

sure. Some workers, like horse drivers, rat catcher etc. will become upset. see the list here: https://www.ranker.c...st/coy-jandreau

"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#17 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:59 AM

sure. Some workers, like horse drivers, rat catcher etc. will become upset. see the list here: https://www.ranker.c...st/coy-jandreau

giveup.gif yes.gif   haha... that's a good one. I am also a member of the 'deprecated'!

Keep Calm and be Long

#18 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:14 AM

tiiiiimmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  Down we go...

#19 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:17 AM

tiiiiimmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  Down we go...

I just closed all my remaining sp and dax shorts. Punting for a chance to reshort slight higher tomorrow. Also, it's time for me to go to bed 

Keep Calm and be Long

#20 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:15 AM

I just closed all my remaining sp and dax shorts. Punting for a chance to reshort slight higher tomorrow. Also, it's time for me to go to bed 

Long gold. waiting to short sp tomorrow before open. now really have to zzzzz....

Keep Calm and be Long