Potential Lehman style selloff Part II

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#41 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:23 AM

DAX is already below "pre-News" level about Christmas tarifs. Wau, what a market. S&P has still some 100 points and more to go down I think.

prob going for gap near 275

Keep Calm and be Long

My opinion on markets, or anything, is a health hazard. Follow or fade at your own risk!

#42 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:54 AM

when this is over next year, we will be testing 2016 lows at the minimum.

while i add one more sp long. waiting to get out before fri or on fri

Edited by punter, 14 August 2019 - 07:56 AM.

Keep Calm and be Long

My opinion on markets, or anything, is a health hazard. Follow or fade at your own risk!

#43 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:56 AM

adding long to this decline. Yesterday's up was fake. today's decline also fake.

real cause for aug fall not yet here. something big and stupid is going to happen.

Edited by punter, 14 August 2019 - 08:59 AM.

Keep Calm and be Long

#44 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:08 AM

adding long to this decline. Yesterday's up was fake. today's decline also fake.

real cause for aug fall not yet here. something big and stupid is going to happen.

decline exceeded my expectation. all longs are paper loss. but will hold for bigger up move on friday. so will hold for now and go to bed.

if fri happen, best case scenario would be no loss or small loss. might add to long tomorrow using sp, dax and hsbc, but now i wait,

Edited by punter, 14 August 2019 - 10:10 AM.

Keep Calm and be Long

#45 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:39 AM

decline exceeded my expectation. all longs are paper loss. but will hold for bigger up move on friday. so will hold for now and go to bed.

if fri happen, best case scenario would be no loss or small loss. might add to long tomorrow using sp, dax and hsbc, but now i wait,

as precaution i close 2 contracts at a loss as I am going to bed. Loss is within the profit on intial short earlier. yesterday long profit should more than cover any potential escalation in losses on remaining long. 

will look for chance to reload long tomorrow and initiate new shorts on fri.

good luck to me.

* I also think that presidents trump and xi must be operating a private hedge fund swoon.gif

Anyway, my hunch is chinese delegation may not turn up for steak dinner and strip club party in sep. The US delegation owes them one since they had a great party in shanghai. Navaro is upset bcos he was excluded from the party in shanghai.

Nov is looking ominous.....

Edited by punter, 14 August 2019 - 10:45 AM.

Keep Calm and be Long

#46 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:12 AM

as precaution i close 2 contracts at a loss as I am going to bed. Loss is within the profit on intial short earlier. yesterday long profit should more than cover any potential escalation in losses on remaining long. 

good luck to me.

* I also think that presidents trump and xi must be operating a private hedge fund swoon.gif

Anyway, my hunch is chinese delegation may not turn up for steak dinner and strip club party in sep. The US delegation owes them one since they had a great party in shanghai. Navaro is upset bcos he was excluded from the party in shanghai.

had to close remaining 2 longs. yesterday spike up long profit gone.

the down bar will be difficult to repair. looks like a done deal that more down draft is coming,

Keep Calm and be Long

#47 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:15 AM

good luck to me.

had to close remaining 2 longs. yesterday spike up long profit gone.

the down bar will be difficult to repair. looks like a done deal that more down draft is coming,

nope. They will start the rally now, when everyone and my grandmother are convinced that this market is toast.

FED bought today 3 bln of securities.

See you at new ATH.

"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#48 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:58 AM

nope. They will start the rally now, when everyone and my grandmother are convinced that this market is toast.

See you at new ATH.

I wish u good luck and bucket loads of profits!zorro.gif

Keep Calm and be Long

#49 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:19 PM

went long sp 2846 counter trend. waiting to get out tomorrow or friday. but being a chicken, i probably get out sooner.

shorted gold. likely to get out tomorrow.

long dax.

ok... now must really go to bed. very tired after a very long run.

Edited by punter, 14 August 2019 - 12:21 PM.

Keep Calm and be Long

#50 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:30 PM

See you at new ATH.

I wish u good luck and bucket loads of profits!zorro.gif
Thks bro! ;)
"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein