Mooncake Day Top

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#11 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:36 AM

So, as I understand nothing technical just gut feeling?

Gotcha

I shared my view in an earlier thread that we are in a phase where gold and sp have pretty good negative correlation. So since I don't think sp has topped, I pick the right point to short gold.

As for the actual technique to pick the right spot for gold relative top and bottom, I can try to spin u stories but I rather not waste your time.  I have something with a little edge but I really can't share how its done, besides it is not a sure win. That's why I am a 'punter' and not qualified to sell my work or run a fund.

But good luck and returns!

Keep Calm and be Long

My opinion on markets, or anything, is a health hazard. Follow or fade at your own risk!

#12 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:38 AM

Added to short gold. I think no bottom until early next.

Also I juz posting to clear my mind and will likely move on. If u do get some inspiration and not perspiration from me, I am glad. Else I wish u all good fortune.

I might also i want to add, if it gives inspiration to someone out there. Many years ago, I decided that I was to dumb to understand western technical analysis. I spend many years, doing a set of variables including charts, premiums, time decay .... in complete reversal of prevailing thinking. Basically, I kept asking myself ' why would't this price work in the direction of my choice '.

That's all...... nothing to see here.... move along

Edited by punter, 13 September 2019 - 07:43 AM.

Keep Calm and be Long

My opinion on markets, or anything, is a health hazard. Follow or fade at your own risk!

#13 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:58 AM

need to add .... i do not see a top today .... despite the thread header

Keep Calm and be Long

#14 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:17 AM

open sp long around 3008 area for a scalp, going to bed....zzzzz

Keep Calm and be Long

#15 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:24 AM

open sp long around 3008 area for a scalp, going to bed....zzzzz

juz closed that sp long for beer money and 1 gold short from yesterday. Keeping 1 gold short for next week. Dun want to think about it as US and Comex gold market not my primary markets. 

Keep Calm and be Long

#16 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:56 PM

woke up, having coffee, and more rumblings to myself

...many posters here like to post their success, big wins, big trades .... no different from so many traders i see around ... patrons in the bars always like to come up to me to boast bagging this chick that chick....really?

trading is not just about winning, it is also about losing. any trader not ready to talk about a losing trade, the mistake, turnaround is not a real trader to me.

Keep Calm and be Long

#17 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:00 PM

https://www.scmp.com...ong-kongs-us366

overlook this .... big bounce on mon for hkse ... written on the charts.... 5% bounce with leverage 20-30 % return in just 1 day ... darn

Keep Calm and be Long

#18 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:18 PM

juz google fed day, turns out it is 17,18. i think sp top should be 17, good entry should be 18

think gold low should be 17. someone here pointed out to me 1470. looks v likely now. dun have to skill to pick a bottom price like this. best I can do so far is to know there is no bottom. cant tell exact low price until a few days out.

i am thinking it is a sell the news trade for the fed. some disappointment over a few days, and we are off to the moon. Trade War Truce!

Edited by punter, 13 September 2019 - 09:23 PM.

Keep Calm and be Long

#19 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:27 PM

what bottoms first? gold or miners? anyone knows?

Keep Calm and be Long

#20 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:40 PM

woke up, having coffee, and more rumblings to myself

...many posters here like to post their success, big wins, big trades .... no different from so many traders i see around ... patrons in the bars always like to come up to me to boast bagging this chick that chick....really?

trading is not just about winning, it is also about losing. any trader not ready to talk about a losing trade, the mistake, turnaround is not a real trader to me.

looking back ... think dad was the best trader ever... not stocks but real hard commodities... no charts, no computers, juz prices written on paper and a telephone. ok time to go for the run ....

Keep Calm and be Long