the tree grew around the limb, change of season

• Please log in to reply
977 replies to this topic

#271 crossd

crossd

• Traders-Talk User
  • 320 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:32 AM

COT report Fri 10/4 for close of Tue 10/1 showed a very large short covering by commercials..they may be afraid of the upside..

donc

#272 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:04 PM

(Financial Times) “The Federal Reserve Bank of New York will extend its intervention in the repo market into November…The markets arm of the US central bank announced that it would continue to inject $75bn in overnight loans into the repo market every day through to November 4. In addition, it would conduct a series of term-repo operations — loans ranging from six to 15 days — to maintain an additional $140bn in the market until early November.”

and da beat goes on...….

Senor 

#273 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:19 PM

"Odds of 50bps or more in cuts by #FOMC between now & year end have increased by ~4x the last wk"

https://twitter.com/...527490092834817

And

"IMF says major downturn could put $19 trillion in corporate debt at risk of default -- 40% of the total in 8 major economies"

https://twitter.com/...570811045568513

Will the negative rates happen in the US?

#274 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:49 PM

(Financial Times) “The Federal Reserve Bank of New York will extend its intervention in the repo market into November…The markets arm of the US central bank announced that it would continue to inject $75bn in overnight loans into the repo market every day through to November 4. In addition, it would conduct a series of term-repo operations — loans ranging from six to 15 days — to maintain an additional $140bn in the market until early November.”

and da beat goes on...….

Senor 

will this become permanent?????

dharma

#275 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:01 PM

and da beat goes on...….

Senor 

will this become permanent?????

dharma

permanent one is QE4

#276 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:23 PM

i have a buy signal on the gdx fwiw. 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#277 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:27 PM

and isnt it funny how we didnt need the wholle 75bn just a few days ago now its into 

nov which will turn into dec which will turn into forever. one thing you can count on

the fed will lie they will always lie they will never admit to any problems 

#278 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:35 PM

I was just thinking the same thing.  Very bullish daily candlestick if closes here.

Silver is poised to explode upward

https://gracelandupd.../2019oct8si.png

Edited by ryanoo, 08 October 2019 - 02:39 PM.

#279 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:05 PM

I was just thinking the same thing.  Very bullish daily candlestick if closes here.

Silver is poised to explode upward

https://gracelandupd.../2019oct8si.png

I am out. BS move in silver all day long especially during Powell talk. I think all we're doing is some A-B-Cs. At one point late in the day they couldn't even find ANY buyers. It's not what I expected form a move that is as evident as almost any chart pattern to ALL.

#280 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:20 PM

i am thinking slv goes somewhere between 23.5 and 24 on this run. lets hope