the tree grew around the limb, change of season

• Please log in to reply
977 replies to this topic

#331 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:07 AM

one last thing i had posted i had buy signals on the hui and the gdx . i should have added 

buy signals if they exceeded 230 hui and 30 in the gdx. my bad on those wont be posting 

anything like that again without a level that gives some kind of a confirmation 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#332 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 10:18 AM

what actually has happened here is slv retrace .50 gld retraced less than .38 

so i dont see anything horrible going on here. also i think the fact the repos are going 

on thru january is bullish not my forte but it started out oct then nov now jan

perhaps extended forever. we can trust the fed to lie lie lie that i know

fully agree, gold down about $65 form recent rally high (1557) and Friday saw DSI at 29% with 5-day near 37% - IMO it does not get much better than this as all the declines from rally highs I see are corrective "so far" and sentiment has turned negative, looks like classic corrective action within an ongoing bull market. Cannot of course rule out further corrective action but I think we are very close to seeing the bull market resume, we see

Senor

#333 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 10:21 AM

this october period seems to be stagnant. we are groping for a bottom all the while basing for another move higher.  does the 1444 get tested . do lower #s enter into the picture. i dont know . gold is in a rally phase here.  do we test the highs? i dont have answers but what i see is low rates, negative rates, the fed pumping 75 billion a day in freshly printed money. all the while the deficit keeps climbing. there are several political hot spots in the world saudi arabia, syria  as turkey seeks a new ottoman empire.

the chart patterns for the pms are encouraging for those who can wait its a pause on the assault of price appreciation. 

the thing i dont get in the financial landscape is buying bonds w/negative rates. when i met richard russell in 1978 i was a muni bond clipper. he said to me "bonds are guaranteed confiscation of wealth" it didnt take me long to chew on that statement . 

dharma

#334 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 11:13 AM

so i dont see anything horrible going on here. also i think the fact the repos are going 

fully agree, gold down about $65 form recent rally high (1557) and Friday saw DSI at 29% with 5-day near 37% - IMO it does not get much better than this as all the declines from rally highs I see are corrective "so far" and sentiment has turned negative, looks like classic corrective action within an ongoing bull market. Cannot of course rule out further corrective action but I think we are very close to seeing the bull market resume, we see

Senor

Thanks Senor. And yet we do have a series of lower highs and lower lows off the weekly top.

And are beneath important MAs. Seems that down could well last into December and December has marked the bottoms in most of the recent years

#335 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 11:51 AM

Senor

Thanks Senor. And yet we do have a series of lower highs and lower lows off the weekly top.

And are beneath important MAs. Seems that down could well last into December and December has marked the bottoms in most of the recent years

my gosh, in any bull market at some point during a significant corrective process you will have a couple of lower highs as a correction gets traced out - how otherwise do you trace out a simple ABC or perhaps ABC X ABC corrective pattern? What you want to see for a bullish case is sentiment pullback or get bearish (DSI at 29 lets say) and overbought condition turn to neutral to oversold, we have that now. No guarantees but IMO the long side from current levels looks very attractive to me, also really like where and how the SILJ/SLV ratio is potentially bottoming, if I am correct the SILJ  should really catch fire the next leg up, as always DYODD

Senor

#336 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:10 PM

today is a holiday . banks are closed. so volume is light

my question is does the this need to get to 10 or less for a bottom

as dougie mentions do we need another december bottom?

dharma

#337 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 01:48 PM

its a slow day, so i am playing w/these possibilities

https://pbs.twimg.co...ng&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.co...ng&name=900x900

pick em 

dharma

#338 hhh