• Please log in to reply
977 replies to this topic

#41 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:57 AM

the thing is , gold =money

there is now a painted short term h&s chart painted on gold/gdx  which projects to around 1440

we are in my time frame for a short term top . w/the bottom being october +- aday

we are definitely still in the early stages of big wave 3 it will last for some time

dharma

when earnings start coming out folks will wake up to the miners. this quarter gold @say 1500 compared  to 3rd quarter last year when gold was say 1250  will be a revelation for folks

the thing about these fantastic #s that folks put out as a target for gold is dangerous, if you hold out for those numbers. 

24 times is what gold went up in the 70s bull

if we at least replicate that then 24x252 =6048 now that is realistic and conservative  when you consider that was a very large wave 3 and this bull from 99or01 is a large wave5 it could be a little bit more.   

Edited by dharma, 25 September 2019 - 10:59 AM.

#42 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,998 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:25 AM

Where is the volume? Impeaching  market friendly President is good for the market and very bad for precious metals. You can't make this stuff up!

Edited by linrom1, 25 September 2019 - 11:27 AM.

#43 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:21 PM

So, Who's betting 1500 holds it this time?

#44 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:10 PM

Captain E wave

http://www.321gold.c...wave092519.html

dharma

#45 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:15 PM

nice call opinionated. from an e wave standpoint we did a b wave and this is a  c wave we are in now 

imo . still have some more to go i dont expect a lot of damage from here 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#46 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:23 PM

So, Who's betting 1500 holds it this time?

I like the chances it will as I think recent rally from 1482 to 1535 was 5 up. I think SILJ had 5 up as well and nicely filled its gap today, however pretty much no excuses time here as far as whether my count is right or instead we head below 1482 in a C wave, we see

Senor

#47 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:05 AM

Thanks Guy's,

I am more of a cycle guy when it comes to charting,  I try to use a couple of standard TA signals to work with cycle predictions.  Actually I can't even begin to get my head around Elliot I have tried but IN my case it just always seems I'm looking for reasons I'm wrong and reasons it predictions are invalidated because of this or that. Since I have switched my work to indepth cycle-Market heartbeat  My win rate more than tripled.  Which brings me to 50/50 as I really sucked before!!  (ROTFL)  

I think we are nearing the inflection point, 1500 is important and it will take an event to move it either way out of this area.

Now on a personal opinion level,  (Which We Should Avoid) We do a test of the recent bottom around 1493,  And If that fails we move quickly towards 1450-1460

Good Trades

GB

Edited by opinionated, 26 September 2019 - 07:07 AM.

#48 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:32 AM

Opin, what is " indepth cycle-Market heartbeat "?   I'm curious. It clearly works well for you.

#49 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:00 AM

Cycle Analysis,

Equities  rhythm up's and down  usually repeat. Daily/weekly/monthly even with news cycles seems almost predictive in most cases.  It is kind of like astro but not completely...  I personally can't get my head around... put my money on when Mars conjuncts with Uranus!!!  I mean it may have merit but it is just to far over the edge for me.  

Like the recent Gold Trade linked to equities....  That huge run up in Gold and decline in the market was on news,  And that news was something that was going to be swept under the rug, deemed not important within a day or two.  Second I had contrary cycle indicators that was telling me that gold should be going down and equities should be going up when that news event came out.  So,... In my opinion the market will almost always revert back to the trend the cycles are predicting. So listening to my cycles I waited for a sell signal on gold in the 30 min time frame. When I saw it I put the trade on with the stop about 5.00 over the high. Just under the previous high.  (Market making a lower high)  

For instance I had/have a cycle bottom in Equities from the 23rd-25th I was looking for a swing to a ST/MT up trend to develop. So I took a short position in Gold, And a Long position In spy.   My work says we (Should) be strong going into Oct.1st before the trend equalizes. Meaning should level off for a few days (Trade Sideways) until the next cycle begins.   

I hope that was not to confusing, I sometimes have trouble getting my thoughts to my fingers!

O

Edited by opinionated, 26 September 2019 - 08:08 AM.

#50 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:12 AM

Thanks Guy's,

I am more of a cycle guy when it comes to charting,  I try to use a couple of standard TA signals to work with cycle predictions.  Actually I can't even begin to get my head around Elliot I have tried but IN my case it just always seems I'm looking for reasons I'm wrong and reasons it predictions are invalidated because of this or that. Since I have switched my work to indepth cycle-Market heartbeat  My win rate more than tripled.  Which brings me to 50/50 as I really sucked before!!  (ROTFL)  

I think we are nearing the inflection point, 1500 is important and it will take an event to move it either way out of this area.

Now on a personal opinion level,  (Which We Should Avoid) We do a test of the recent bottom around 1493,  And If that fails we move quickly towards 1450-1460

Good Trades

GB

agreed, that last drop to a marginal new low for this decline at 1500.23 IMO should be it IF my bullish 5 up count from 1482-1535 count is correct, we set off some nice 1-4 hr divergences at that low, so pretty much for me its "go time" to the upside, go below 1500 and I likely will do some lightening up, key day IMO

Senor