He just got rid of AOL and now has DSL!

hahahahaha.....good one

#12 .Blizzard

.Blizzard

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:49 AM

China Wants More Talks Before Signing Trump’s Phase 1 Deal

giphy.gif?cid=790b76112729b6c76a53e1b15egiphy.gif?cid=790b76112729b6c76a53e1b15egiphy.gif?cid=790b76116d971b5fbdff8c7f35

#13 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:32 AM

giphy.gif?cid=790b76112729b6c76a53e1b15egiphy.gif?cid=790b76112729b6c76a53e1b15egiphy.gif?cid=790b76116d971b5fbdff8c7f35

It should be a fun week, and make for some good trading.    I'm glad cows can't fly.....

tenor.gif

Investors are too concerned with the next U.S. President and aren't focusing on which party will control the Senate.

The real question, not asked nearly enough, is not about who will win the Presidency but whether Democrats will regain control of the U.S. Senate: betting sites like the University of Iowa during the past several weeks have shifted from a 28% chance to a 44% likelihood of Republicans losing Senate control. This would have a profound influence especially on U.S. marginal tax rates which would surely rise sharply for individuals and businesses if we have a Democratic sweep of the U.S. Presidency, Senate, and House of Representatives in November 2020. Even if Elizabeth Warren becomes the next U.S. President it won't affect much beyond Supreme Court nominations and a few other appointments unless Republicans lose Senate domination. Hardly any tax changes or major spending alterations will occur without the key Senate majority, barring surprise bipartisan cooperation.

Kapaln

https://truecontrari...k.blogspot.com/

"Not Q.E." - Q.E. Light Could Change Everything...

By Trading Coach

21 hours ago

in General Discussion

Posted 

21 hours ago

F'ED ANNOUNCEMENT ON FRIDAY MAY CHANGE EVERYTHING 

Shown here is what happened when the Massive QE was launched in the Fall of 2011... I'm showing 10 year charts of Gold and Nasdaq monthly... basically what we need to understand here is regardless of anything else fundamental in the economy... the sheer "liquidity" of these events can pour into the market and we see valuations skyrocket not based on any fundamentals but the sheer size of fund flows competing for assets.

Now when people can realize huge gains in equities, they are going to roll out of "risk off" investments like gold and precious metals... and in 2011 what the gold bugs thought was going to be an event to propel the likes of gold  to $5000 as the banks printed "free money" - turned into the biggest gold selloff in history.

We can't say "this time is different"... or it will be different.  We're putting this info out here for you to understand the possibilities... I'm bearish myself based on what I see in the fundamentals, and I do believe there will be hell to pay for some of these bank actions like negative interest, money printing etc.  HOWEVER, as a technician, I can never let the facts get in the way of my chart reading.  We could literally go to our graves and these policies continue for 100 years, nobody knows the outcome.

We're going to proceed with this day-by-day in our forecasts, and tell the story as reflected in the charts, not as we'd like it to be.  

First here's what happened to Gold from 2011 to present.. we saw a decline of 870 points from 1920 to 1050... and right now we retraced to around 1560.. so that is 510 points...just short of that .618R level of retracement.

http://volumedynamic...nge-everything/

Edited by robo, 14 October 2019 - 08:34 AM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#14 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:50 AM

Thanks for the post about Gold!

gis

If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!

#15 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 09:15 AM

(China Wants More Talks Before Signing Trump’s Phase 1 Deal)  ....is that gonna affect the market like world war 2 did     ,,,,,,lmao.....in otherwords why even talk about something that doesnt have any thing to do with the stock market

#16 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 11:25 AM

(China Wants More Talks Before Signing Trump’s Phase 1 Deal)  ....is that gonna affect the market like world war 2 did     ,,,,,,lmao.....in otherwords why even talk about something that doesnt have any thing to do with the stock market

https://www.csis.org...ation-end-sight

Mexico/Canada deal - not scheduled for vote

Japan deal the same

Who are the Dems working for?  I think they are too busy watching the sky!

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#17 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:04 PM

i forgot all the great stories that launched the market in 09  or was there any?

#18 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 10:39 PM

Losing the Senate Majority would be a disaster. We might as well become expats....

It should be a fun week, and make for some good trading.    I'm glad cows can't fly.....

tenor.gif

Investors are too concerned with the next U.S. President and aren't focusing on which party will control the Senate.[/size]The real question, not asked nearly enough, is not about who will win the Presidency but whether Democrats will regain control of the U.S. Senate: betting sites like the University of Iowa during the past several weeks have shifted from a 28% chance to a 44% likelihood of Republicans losing Senate control. This would have a profound influence especially on U.S. marginal tax rates which would surely rise sharply for individuals and businesses if we have a Democratic sweep of the U.S. Presidency, Senate, and House of Representatives in November 2020. Even if Elizabeth Warren becomes the next U.S. President it won't affect much beyond Supreme Court nominations and a few other appointments unless Republicans lose Senate domination. Hardly any tax changes or major spending alterations will occur without the key Senate majority, barring surprise bipartisan cooperation.[/size]Kapaln[/size]

https://truecontrari...k.blogspot.com/

"Not Q.E." - Q.E. Light Could Change Everything...
By Trading Coach

21 hours ago
 in General Discussion

Posted 
21 hours ago

F'ED ANNOUNCEMENT ON FRIDAY MAY CHANGE EVERYTHING 
Shown here is what happened when the Massive QE was launched in the Fall of 2011... I'm showing 10 year charts of Gold and Nasdaq monthly... basically what we need to understand here is regardless of anything else fundamental in the economy... the sheer "liquidity" of these events can pour into the market and we see valuations skyrocket not based on any fundamentals but the sheer size of fund flows competing for assets.
Now when people can realize huge gains in equities, they are going to roll out of "risk off" investments like gold and precious metals... and in 2011 what the gold bugs thought was going to be an event to propel the likes of gold  to $5000 as the banks printed "free money" - turned into the biggest gold selloff in history.
We can't say "this time is different"... or it will be different.  We're putting this info out here for you to understand the possibilities... I'm bearish myself based on what I see in the fundamentals, and I do believe there will be hell to pay for some of these bank actions like negative interest, money printing etc.  HOWEVER, as a technician, I can never let the facts get in the way of my chart reading.  We could literally go to our graves and these policies continue for 100 years, nobody knows the outcome.
We're going to proceed with this day-by-day in our forecasts, and tell the story as reflected in the charts, not as we'd like it to be.  
First here's what happened to Gold from 2011 to present.. we saw a decline of 870 points from 1920 to 1050... and right now we retraced to around 1560.. so that is 510 points...just short of that .618R level of retracement.

http://volumedynamic...nge-everything/