Photo

IT TOP: almost there! BEARS capitulating, FOMO frenzy....

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,679 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:00 AM

VIX up

VXX up --- restoring the weekend contango meltdown

SPX up

ED warns, IS BEARISH??? 

phew! 

https://www.cnbc.com...deni-warns.html

#22 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:02 AM

OKAY

CNBC's Fast MoneyVerified account @CNBCFastMoney

FollowFollow @CNBCFastMoney
More

It's getting to be the best time of year for stocks, and the Dow could soon set a new high

My best trade of the day so far is XES and FCG...... 

https://stockcharts....371&a=696881922

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#23 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,679 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:08 AM

Take profit on "trade talk" rally 

then talk it down, wait for rally to take profit,
then talk it down again
 rinse wash repeat...

Michael Hewson  🇬🇧 @mhewson_CMC
FollowFollow @mhewson_CMC
More

Interesting story from MNI "China will not fully acquiesce to key U.S. trade demands in areas such as intellectual property rights protection" This is probably a phase two story but nonetheless suggests phase one could be the easy bit

7:28 AM - 4 Nov 2019

#24 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,679 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:12 AM

because WARREN - and I - know that there will be far lower entry points for stocks; since Warren - and I -  are 100% certain of this, then we will wait for those lower entry points, DUH!  

Warren Buffett has $128 billion in cash to burn and analysts can’t figure out why he isn’t spending it

https://www.cnbc.com...sh-to-burn.html

#25 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,679 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:15 AM

Waiting for the next significant move today.

Climate change will break the housing market, says David Burt, who predicted the 2008 financial crisis

#26 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,905 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 02:42 PM

i find it interesting that no one thinks this could be a fake push higher. I'd rather wait and see after a measly -2% pullback which would make sense to test prior highs. Generally healthy markets will rise about here then retest to make sure its real.  this last move doesn't feel healthy to me.  

In my view it doesn't count as it basically just went through old highs, kinda touched it for a few minutes within the rally higher.  Markets been basically up since 2900 and even has a gap around 2950 moving through old highs.  Now that its gone through and well above say around 3030 level it would be healthy to test it to make sure this is a new rally otherwise I guarantee there will be a huge downward move to come.  Healthy markets go up and down to consolidate.

I have noticed over the years that often a key pivot points, one index will give a clearer take on things.

Hence, why I am overly focused on NYA right now...you have the leader SOX blasting to new highs almost daily, and now NYA has overcome MASSIVE resistance at 13,250.

That is why I am not overly concerned with a major top right now, as NYA is practically screaming it is more likely the start of a big move up....

Hard to imagine SPX having a big drop if NYA is just getting ready to rock.....

All that said, if 13,250 don't hold, then something else likely going on...but at this point, it sure looks like a real deal breakout there....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy