• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,693 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:38 AM

Cash to fuel the BULL

Helene Meisler @hmeisler
FollowFollow @hmeisler
More

Cash on the sidelines

Nervous investors have socked $3.4 trillion away in cash. But stocks are rising and their nerves are calming, leading bulls to view the huge cash pile as a sign that markets have room to go higher.

Assets in money-market funds have grown by $1 trillion over the last three years to their highest level in around a decade, according to Lipper data. A variety of factors are fueling the flows, from higher money-market rates to concerns over the health of the 10-year economic expansion and an aging bull market.

#12 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,693 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:40 AM

zerohedge @zerohedge
FollowFollow @zerohedge
More

U.S. Optimistic of Getting U.S.-China Deal Phase One Done: Ross

Headlines from June 2018

2:18 AM - 6 Nov 2019

#13 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,693 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:42 AM

May still buy this stock on any major decline

CVS Health 3Q19 Earnings: $CVS -
Comp Sales: +6.4% (est 3.3%) -
Adj EPS: $1.84 (est $1.77)
-Raises FY Adj EPS: $6.97-$7.05 (est $6.98)

#14 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,693 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:43 AM

David Larew @ThinkTankCharts
FollowFollow @ThinkTankCharts
More

QQQ - the trend is your friend, until the end - trend hit trend line - generally you short or sell at this point.

EIrhM_GW4AIdPmR.png
1:35 AM - 6 Nov 2019

#15 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,693 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:44 AM

More

VIX - movement with the VIX is interesting - above 15.63 would be a Sell Signal overall for the markets - NT sell is at 13.20 close. Closed at 13.10, so SPX up today??

EIrgk_yXsAAOIJt.png
1:33 AM - 6 Nov 2019

#16 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,693 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:44 AM

More

Breadth Momentum Oscillator - RSI at 666.7 :) Breadth is showing some divergences with the S&P 500 being at all time highs. Bears are afraid of the "China Deal" words.

EIrfrFdXsAAgBJM.png
1:29 AM - 6 Nov 2019

#17 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,693 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:46 AM

He was right...

Stephen Harlin @nextSignals
FollowFollow @nextSignals
More

My analysis of yesterday's options activity on $SPX suggests financial institutions are predominantly writing OTM calls. This puts more long gamma on the books of buyers (market makers) and implies an anticipation of a short-term pullback. Take, e.g., the Dec 3100 calls data.

EInFlT9W4AUgZIG.png
4:56 AM - 5 Nov 2019

2 replies11 retweets40 likes

Retweet

1. New conversation
    •  

I synthesize data from multiple sources ...asymmetric options activity, volatility forecasts, volatility-scaled time-series momentum, etc. Then I chart it against the auction. Right now ...that data looks like short-term correction. It's neither contrarian nor I my opinion.

0 replies0 retweets2 likes

Retweet

• End of conversation
  2. New conversation

#18 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:51 AM

Yay the chief was mentioned on David Larews twitter blog!!  From my analysis for next weeks expiration I've got it finishing at the most 3090, 3100 a stretch and 2935 on the downside but I think thats a little to far away now.  But who knows with expirations now happening almost every day I think its getting harder to judge lol!!

More

"Weird Wollie Wednesday", created by Don Wolanchuk, references the Wednesday prior to options expiration. This day is made up of manipulated price action which is primarily related to the faster deterioration of options premiums during the week prior to options expiration,

#19 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:16 AM

Cash to fuel the BULL

Helene Meisler‏ @hmeisler
FollowFollow @hmeisler
More

Cash on the sidelines

Nervous investors have socked $3.4 trillion away in cash. But stocks are rising and their nerves are calming, leading bulls to view the huge cash pile as a sign that markets have room to go higher.

Assets in money-market funds have grown by $1 trillion over the last three years to their highest level in around a decade, according to Lipper data. A variety of factors are fueling the flows, from higher money-market rates to concerns over the health of the 10-year economic expansion and an aging bull market.

Here we go again. The ridiculous "cash on the sidelines" myth rears its ugly head once again. Money is in one account or another. It moves from the buyer's account to the seller's. The stock changes ownership from the seller to the buyer. Is the money on the sidelines before or after the transaction when I buy a stock from another person with my cash?

#20 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:18 AM

Interesting. I've been tabulating ISEE data since '06 and didn't see anything close. Just missed it. :lol:

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter