• Please log in to reply
1289 replies to this topic

#61 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:16 PM

Whole lotta shakin' goin' on....

We are in the "Gallopin' Gertie" phase of world financial markets - the volatility likely to only increase - amazing daily moves happening on a regular basis now - natural gas - oil - stocks - bonds, yesterday and again today - truly amazing the loss of control happening today!!!

https://www.youtube....h?v=j-zczJXSxnw

thanks for the perspective.  @the end of the cycle volatility increases. we are , as you say, , there. gallopin gertie, always wondered where you got that. ha  not going to be a smooth ride.  since 71 we have been pure fiat. it has taken this long  to reach the end of the line, so to speak. and this gold move is going to last for a number of years.

dharma

how about this as a possibility https://pbs.twimg.co...HxpUUAA6FhQ.png

Edited by dharma, 04 December 2019 - 12:18 PM.

#62 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:59 PM

Gotta wonder how much longer GC will hold out with the destruction in SI and PL today....

DUST may be a short term play here if 7.10 continues to hold....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#63 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:23 PM

Gotta wonder how much longer GC will hold out with the destruction in SI and PL today....

DUST may be a short term play here if 7.10 continues to hold....

#64 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:20 PM

i have 2 juniors that are up 10% today , they are both takeover candidates one i mentioned the other day chpgf

President’s Letter (CKG)

During the first half of 2019, the market sentiment towards precious metals continued bearish. As the year progressed, however, gold rallied above technical resistance levels to US$1,565 an ounce. To date, Chesapeake’s share price is up 45% this year while gold is up 13% and the GDX and GDXJ are higher by 25% and 22%. Gold appears resilient against the headwinds of record high stock indices and a strong US dollar. Globally, decreasing real interest rates, geopolitical uncertainty and macro stress benefit gold. As well, since 2010 central banks continue to be buyers of gold instead of sellers. Central banks see gold as an alternative to paper reserves. The fundamentals of strong demand and limited supply suggest a higher equilibrium price for gold. Currently, we hold the view that gold is at a midterm price of a bull market cycle. After a prolonged bear cycle for precious metals, gold seems to be pivoting in the US$1,500 range - still far from the highs of 2011. The bear market handicapped exploration budgets with nearly a decade having passed since a major gold discovery of over 15 million ounces. The gold industry’s tight supply outlook is further compounded by social license and permitting issues taking upwards of 20 years from discovery to first commercial pour. With few global discoveries, miners are challenged with declining production and reserves. Primary silver miners produce about 26% of the world silver production. Most of the silver production is a by-product from polymetallic mines. As investor sentiment strengthens towards silver, unlike gold, few pure silver companies exist. As well, many silver miners operate underground mines with relatively short mine lives. In addition to hosting over 18 million ounces of gold, Metates has 526 million ounces of silver reserves which ranks as one of the top five deposits globally. In production, Metates will be a world class, open pit operation with a 30 year mine life. Chesapeake’s strategic vision is that focused exploration creates shareholder value. During the past three years, grassroots exploration has developed an impressive organic pipeline of satellite projects that could capitalize on Metates large industrial complex and infrastructure. This year, regional reconnaissance on the southeastern flank of Metates discovered two district scale prospects, Crisy and San Javier, hosting high grade gold and silver mineralization. Crisy and San Javier are large hydrothermal vein and disseminated systems within intensely altered corridors several kilometers long. We believe ongoing systematic exploration in this region could lead to a major discovery that would have a dramatic positive impact on Metates future production profile. Even with gold hovering near US$1,500 an ounce, the capital markets for the most part are not funding junior exploration companies. In August, a strategic investor, Eric Sprott along with our largest institutional investor, Sun Valley Gold Fund, invested $15 million in Chesapeake. The market responded very positively to the financing recognizing the investment confidence. Chesapeake has a strong treasury and well positioned to take advantage of an improving outlook for gold. As always, I thank our shareholders, both large and small, for your support and trust. We look forward to an exciting year ahead. CHESAPEAKE GOLD

dharma

nem bought 9% 

feds balance sheet https://kingworldnew...19-1024x634.jpg

Edited by dharma, 04 December 2019 - 03:25 PM.

#65 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:46 PM

Gold still holding up impressively well...

Maybe it will drag the others out of the hole tomorrow, rather than other way round...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#66 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:17 PM

Mayw/be it will drag the others out of the hole tomorrow, rather than other way round...

this looks to me like a partial gap fill w/buying supporting the price.  

may be a couple of days , but i see this thing higher. used the opportunity to move some issues around

decent day for me as i had 2 issues up nicely

dharma

#67 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:17 PM

i have 2 juniors that are up 10% today , they are both takeover candidates one i mentioned the other day chpgf

President’s Letter (CKG)

During the first half of 2019, the market sentiment towards precious metals continued bearish. As the year progressed, however, gold rallied above technical resistance levels to US$1,565 an ounce. To date, Chesapeake’s share price is up 45% this year while gold is up 13% and the GDX and GDXJ are higher by 25% and 22%. Gold appears resilient against the headwinds of record high stock indices and a strong US dollar. Globally, decreasing real interest rates, geopolitical uncertainty and macro stress benefit gold. As well, since 2010 central banks continue to be buyers of gold instead of sellers. Central banks see gold as an alternative to paper reserves. The fundamentals of strong demand and limited supply suggest a higher equilibrium price for gold. Currently, we hold the view that gold is at a midterm price of a bull market cycle. After a prolonged bear cycle for precious metals, gold seems to be pivoting in the US$1,500 range - still far from the highs of 2011. The bear market handicapped exploration budgets with nearly a decade having passed since a major gold discovery of over 15 million ounces. The gold industry’s tight supply outlook is further compounded by social license and permitting issues taking upwards of 20 years from discovery to first commercial pour. With few global discoveries, miners are challenged with declining production and reserves. Primary silver miners produce about 26% of the world silver production. Most of the silver production is a by-product from polymetallic mines. As investor sentiment strengthens towards silver, unlike gold, few pure silver companies exist. As well, many silver miners operate underground mines with relatively short mine lives. In addition to hosting over 18 million ounces of gold, Metates has 526 million ounces of silver reserves which ranks as one of the top five deposits globally. In production, Metates will be a world class, open pit operation with a 30 year mine life. Chesapeake’s strategic vision is that focused exploration creates shareholder value. During the past three years, grassroots exploration has developed an impressive organic pipeline of satellite projects that could capitalize on Metates large industrial complex and infrastructure. This year, regional reconnaissance on the southeastern flank of Metates discovered two district scale prospects, Crisy and San Javier, hosting high grade gold and silver mineralization. Crisy and San Javier are large hydrothermal vein and disseminated systems within intensely altered corridors several kilometers long. We believe ongoing systematic exploration in this region could lead to a major discovery that would have a dramatic positive impact on Metates future production profile. Even with gold hovering near US$1,500 an ounce, the capital markets for the most part are not funding junior exploration companies. In August, a strategic investor, Eric Sprott along with our largest institutional investor, Sun Valley Gold Fund, invested $15 million in Chesapeake. The market responded very positively to the financing recognizing the investment confidence. Chesapeake has a strong treasury and well positioned to take advantage of an improving outlook for gold. As always, I thank our shareholders, both large and small, for your support and trust. We look forward to an exciting year ahead. CHESAPEAKE GOLD

dharma

nem bought 9% 

feds balance sheet https://kingworldnew...19-1024x634.jpg

Hope they wont sell out Cheap. It could go for 2x current and still be cheap

#68 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:44 PM

Mayw/be it will drag the others out of the hole tomorrow, rather than other way round...

may be a couple of days , but i see this thing higher. used the opportunity to move some issues around

dharma

exactly, time to accumulate on weakness, was looking at the GSR ratio and think this likely large corrective rally will likely end very soon and at the 87.50-89 area we reached the lower end of today

Senor

#69 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:58 AM

dharma

exactly, time to accumulate on weakness, was looking at the GSR ratio and think this likely large corrective rally will likely end very soon and at the 87.50-89 area we reached the lower end of today

Senor

Gold is popping back up above the 900 ma on the hourly tonight... looking hopeful.  

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#70 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 08:46 AM

Day 3 of the battle for the hourly 900 on GC contract.

If bulls can't' bust through today, GC likely going to roll back over after yet another failed breakout attempt....

Bulls are by no means out of the woods on an intermediate to longer term basis until they can overcome pivots set of last couple of days....