2 replies to this topic

#1 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 03:27 PM

Bad news first:

-- VXX trades in Q4 2019 were my worst for the decade 2010-2019
I got stopped out several times and....insanity if you repeat same errors: I bought some VXX during this first trading day of the new decade

- QQQ options were not as bad but I rolled into March contract in some of the Calls. Still, I finished in the green for 2019 but nowhere near as good a profit as before the November/December period. Lost a lot in late November and all of December.

Good news:

-- a record profit in NQ daytrading. NQ trading can be really enjoyable when it moves and trends - up or down

-- our business had a great December holiday season. I had to spend more time on that than on trading but it is more important. 

- I did more overnight and early morning trading during December since I did not have too much time during business hours,  Did not realize there were good trading moves overnight and early morning and it continued early this morning.

-- will do more NQ trading this year. Still on the sidelines (me and Buffet only, it seems) with LT portfolio. 

Later

Edited by dTraderB, 02 January 2020 - 03:28 PM.

#2 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 07:07 AM

Great daytrading this morning. 

Market now stalled, at lower levels, digesting and assimilating the MidEast situation

#3 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 07:08 AM

With crude up there will be calls to tap the SPR. 

Practically, not terribly useful but it will kill the crude rally.