Even the stupid people will figure out that money is going into Gold

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:30 PM

Now a Tier one listed bank asset. Central banks have been buying and MUST keep buying for the disaster that lay ahead. God help us all. You think people are rushing into the US $ yes they have somewhat but guess what?  no one is buying treasuries any more. Look it up. The Fed has to do it because no one trusts us to pay our bills in the long run. Compare a chart Gold in US dollar currency and look at a dollar chart. figure it out.  Gold is outperforming the dollar by a wide margin. Then realize that Gold has already hit all time highs in several foreign currencies. Can you figure out where at least some of your money needs to be? get there before eveyone else figures it out instead of playing musical chairs with the stock market.

Edited by skott, 20 February 2020 - 02:12 PM.

#2 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:38 PM

https://www.nakedcap...nerability.html

#3 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:04 PM

look at a 10 year chart of GDXJ. See the potential. See how undervalued gold miners are relative to the gold price. In gold bulls the HUI index usually reaches 45-60% of the value of Gold. Even for Golds current price HUI is only 15%  so if gold goes nowhere (does anyone think that with the CB's buying and printing money like crazy?) the HUI could still rally 250% from here and if gold gets above $2000 per ounce?. Huge potential most likely we'll have a bubble in gold too.   Then I suggest you look at a 10 year chart of Apple or Microsoft and some of the other big names. They are parabolic. There is only one way that parabolas end and that's with a crash.

#4 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:07 PM

I trade very few of my PM positions but a week or so ago I sold CDE bought at 5.86 and sold it at 6.11. Bought it back in the first hour today at 5.81 LOL , it's now 6.30

Edited by skott, 20 February 2020 - 01:07 PM.

#5 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:28 PM

update on the chair I bought.   https://www.traders-...gaming-g-chair/

#6 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:52 PM

i figure gld at new all time highs before the end of the year. and yes there is zero interest in gold which is good 

we have years to go with this advance imo 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#7 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 08:43 PM

as for the Stock Market :

Scott Minerd, the CIO of Guggenheim Investments, had a salient point:

Yet as a major economic problem looms on the horizon, the cognitive disconnect between current asset prices and reality feels like the market equivalent of “peace for our time.” The average BBB bond yields just 2.9 percent. A recent 10-year BB-rated healthcare bond came to market at 3.5 percent and subsequently was increased in size from $1 billion to $1.7 billion due to excess demand.

For those investors who perceive the disconnect between risk assets which are priced for a rosy outcome and the reality of the looming risks to growth and earnings, any attempt to reduce risk leads to underperformance. It is a mind-numbing exercise for investors who see the cognitive dissonance. The frantic race to accumulate securities has cast price discovery to the side.

I have never in my career seen anything as crazy as what’s going on right nowthis will eventually end badly.

Of course, it will.

The only problem, as he notes, is that between now and then, there is a demand for performance regardless of the underlying risk. Or rather, there is a widely adopted belief the markets can never have a decline again as witnessed by an email I received last week:

“Why do you think there will ever be a correction when the central banks are never going to let credit contract. I see no corrections. Ever. When the US enters a recession, the reality is it will be the biggest buy signal yet. There is literally nowhere to go but up in this market.”

The lessons taught by previous bear markets are always forgotten during enduring bull markets which seem without end. The relearning of those lessons are always painful.

"

#8 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:05 AM

we've all been invited to a crash party. Attendance is required whether you like it or not. Think of rats on the titanic

#9 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:13 AM

life boats were on sale yesterday in the form of AAPL PUTS or you could have shorted the shares AFTER AAPL announced they wouldn't meet revenue expectations (ahem, ahem) to put it nicely DUE to coronavirus. But as many of you have said, there is nothing to this coronavirus. right. I've seen numbers I trust that the real number of cases is probably well over 250k and deaths way higher.  too. China is coming to a screeching halt and if you don't think that is going to impact global economic activity. well you deserve what's coming 

#10 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:17 AM

and the day before that I bought MSFT 170 puts (May 2020) with MSFT near all time highs and almost exactly 3 std deviations above it's 200 day moving average. we're not talking 20 day or 50 day, NO 3 dev's above the 200. That's stupid