Posted 07 March 2020 - 10:49 AM

and the next fib turn from there would be early on mar 25 fwiw

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#42 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 10:57 AM

@tradesurfer  - yes hes right this is deflationary. gold thrives during deflation 

also this deflation is going to affect the whole financial system  . just look at the dollar its 

crashing its done imo. i can see a pullback in gld perhaps even into late march no way

it goes to 1200 an ounce. famous last words right we will see 

#43 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 11:11 AM

wouldn't the collapsing activity in manufacturing and the money printing by central banks around the world -- inflationary?

I know the collapsing yields say the opposite.

the fast march to negative yields is somehow keeping a normal yield curve -- pathetic irony.

https://stockcharts..../yieldcurve.php

#44 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,998 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 11:52 AM

Starting from minute 12:00 he saying gold silver ratio could go to 138 and silver to 9 dollars

Excellent video. We all have been fooled by silver's long basing pattern, thinking that it means eventual meteoric thrust up.

But I have been wondering what has been going with silver ever since I started posting in this forum because it's behaving in a very bearish manner:  as I said that all its moves are quickly retraced. While gold is moving up in an impulse, silver seems to be moving in corrective waves.

#45 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 12:17 PM

silver becomes a monetary metal in an inflationary/stagflation like the 70s which i continue to monitor the fractal of as i am convinced of the striking similarities.  we are in a deflationary environment so the ratio continues to blow out and the fake gurus point to that and say buy silver. when all the printing starts working its way through the system we will have stagflation.  and then silver will be worth owning. to me it looks like the miners have now entered a similar story.     my work shows the end of year rally will be the strongest and produce new forever highs in gold and i believe that wave will see silver/miners get real mojo.   https://gracelandupd...020mar7fed1.jpg

the present environment shows loss of confidence in govt. so gold is starting to do well.  this will continue into a crescendo some years down the line.  i dont own any silver stocks..............yet.   i dont see anything but deflation.  but have no fear the fed will provide the appropriate back drop for silver/platinum. now i do own platinum producers . as i believe it is ridiculously valued.    and 78% of the supply comes from s/arica which is in turmoil .  

the market is like a human adoscent gawky . my work agrees w/gannman this correction will not last long in terms of duration but could be uncomfortable.   remember on the other side is the banksters and they are pushing fiat , they cant have their boy looking like a gold punching bag.   

dharma

#46 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 12:30 PM

Excellent video. We all have been fooled by silver's long basing pattern, thinking that it means eventual meteoric thrust up.

But I have been wondering what has been going with silver ever since I started posting in this forum because it's behaving in a very bearish manner:  as I said that all its moves are quickly retraced. While gold is moving up in an impulse, silver seems to be moving in corrective waves.

how about this.

#47 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 12:43 PM

silver becomes a monetary metal in an inflationary/stagflation like the 70s which i continue to monitor the fractal of as i am convinced of the striking similarities.  we are in a deflationary environment so the ratio continues to blow out and the fake gurus point to that and say buy silver. when all the printing starts working its way through the system we will have stagflation.  and then silver will be worth owning. to me it looks like the miners have now entered a similar story.     my work shows the end of year rally will be the strongest and produce new forever highs in gold and i believe that wave will see silver/miners get real mojo.   https://gracelandupd...020mar7fed1.jpg

the present environment shows loss of confidence in govt. so gold is starting to do well.  this will continue into a crescendo some years down the line.  i dont own any silver stocks..............yet.   i dont see anything but deflation.  but have no fear the fed will provide the appropriate back drop for silver/platinum. now i do own platinum producers . as i believe it is ridiculously valued.    and 78% of the supply comes from s/arica which is in turmoil .  

the market is like a human adoscent gawky . my work agrees w/gannman this correction will not last long in terms of duration but could be uncomfortable.   remember on the other side is the banksters and they are pushing fiat , they cant have their boy looking like a gold punching bag.   

dharma

I N F L A T I O N? almost any alternate inflation gauge/analysis I look at has inflation somewhere in the 5-10% range per year, we all know the cost of food/dining/insurance (health and other), housing/rent/autos has gone up much more than the "gvt adjusted" 2% or so that's reported - Its a joke. But that is the world we live in, perhaps the straw that finally breaks the camels back is if we get some significant "commodity inflation" in coming years, so fat the worldwide money printing has only lead to "paper asset" inflation, maybe that will change - I think it will as the CRB is within a point of decade plus lows. The only real serious "deflation" IMO would come from home/stock price

Senor

#48 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 12:45 PM

how about this.

don't need vides as IMO the charts are speaking about as clear as they ever do in gold. miners have done fine, yes they are lagging some but IMO that changes big time over the next 3-9 months as it will in silver too. we see

#49 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,041 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 01:40 PM

Impressive strength in GLD after winning the battle for 157.50...

May not be quite done yet done on this leg.

back below 157.50 would likely be the spot to give another go short...as long as it holds that, bulls still have short term ball.

Miners might give another lead out first.

were you not the one using platinum to sniff things out ? Cant recall

#50 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 08:06 PM

https://www.zerohedg...hing-oil-prices

saudi slashing prices increasing supply should cause oil to tank