to the frequent posts underlining that the rate of mortality is low

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 04:30 PM

and it makes this covid not different to a flu.....It's a wrong point I think. When did you see the whole Europe and soon the whole USA locked down with a normal flu ? My own answer ? Never. It's not the mortality rate that is dangerous, it's the R0 of this plague that is dangerous. It's highly contagious and it can infect nearly everyone if it's not blocked and no economy in the world can resist too long with entire regions locked down. So the question is : have the world' s stock markets already priced in the effects of covid, or maybe not ? In my opinion......nope

Edited by andr99, 31 March 2020 - 04:31 PM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:34 PM

There is no let up in mortality at all.
I think it was just wishful thinking at this point. If the H+Z+A was working then
it would be dropping. I think wave 5 is next to 2k. I haven't sold but I have given up on this market after today.

This is going to get a lot uglier for a long time, these things usually kill millions and we are trying to prevent that, not easy or quick.

Edited by CLK, 31 March 2020 - 05:35 PM.

#3 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,785 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:57 PM

There is no way to sugar coat the numbers today...

It went wide across the USA.

Unless this was a total aberration, it's gonna last a while longer....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#4 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,785 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 06:06 PM

There is no let up in mortality at all.
I think it was just wishful thinking at this point. If the H+Z+A was working then
it would be dropping. I think wave 5 is next to 2k. I haven't sold but I have given up on this market after today.

This is going to get a lot uglier for a long time, these things usually kill millions and we are trying to prevent that, not easy or quick.

At this point it may be that not enough people are actually trying it.

In France, the death rate in the live trial is nothing compared to the rest of France.

Only 1 death, but only 1283 treated out of France's 52K+ cases. (looks like it may have not been updated yet today, as total case count is low)

https://www.mediterr...n.com/covid-19/

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#5 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 06:32 PM

If FDA already signed off on it, seems like every patient should be getting the treatment, unless there is still a shortage, I thought they said they had a big shipment into NY last Tues.?

Edited by CLK, 31 March 2020 - 06:34 PM.

#6 orange

orange

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:43 PM

and it makes this covid not different to a flu.....It's a wrong point I think. When did you see the whole Europe and soon the whole USA locked down with a normal flu ? My own answer ? Never. It's not the mortality rate that is dangerous, it's the R0 of this plague that is dangerous. It's highly contagious and it can infect nearly everyone if it's not blocked and no economy in the world can resist too long with entire regions locked down. So the question is : have the world' s stock markets already priced in the effects of covid, or maybe not ? In my opinion......nope

Yea. A problem is that when one person gets it, anyone near that person also gets it. So, you have the situation where when one person is positive, anyone who's grouped with that person also becomes positive. It's easy to become a "super spreader".

"When your position is underwater, average down" - Professional Trader

#7 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:56 PM

Andre,

Did you read Martin Armstrong's quoted text in a prior post? This is a political red herring, it is not a real pandemic. Europe and America are locked down because the politicians seized on it.

I posted here about two weeks ago, that back in December, or even November of 2019 I was noticing ongoing, insane call/put option OI in the SPY February and March expiry's, both monthly and weekly. I even posted it on Twitter at the time. I was laughed off this board. 

But it was significant, I had not seen action like this since July years ago, before the SPX was downgraded.

This 'pandemic' was planned, seized upon, tied up with a gold ribbon and presente to us with a flourish us 'sheep'. That's how they at the top think of us, as sheep.

Best regards,

Lisa

Edited by dowdeva, 31 March 2020 - 07:56 PM.

#8 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:14 PM

Michigan had 15 cases two weeks, now its over 1500. Ya can see where Florida and Texas are headed.   Here in NY we will hopefully peak in a couple weeks.That's great but how about the other 300 million people in America?? people are not being realistic abaout the length of this battle, and the economic destruction ahead. (JMHO)

#9 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:21 PM

Michigan had 15 cases two weeks, now its over 1500. Ya can see where Florida and Texas are headed.   Here in NY we will hopefully peak in a couple weeks.That's great but how about the other 300 million people in America?? people are not being realistic abaout the length of this battle, and the economic destruction ahead. (JMHO)

honestly the analysis of the virus numbers really call into question the stock market projections.

Only those suspected of the virus are tested.

there was a shortage of tests

now the tests are becoming more avaiable

so ... more tests ... more results. 

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#10 dwnowhere1

dwnowhere1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:21 PM

dowdeva (lisa):  You seem to be a real "conspiracy" person.   If I recall correctly, previously you were promoting that our government was using aircraft contrails to poison us.

In a democratic society, and even in a totalitarian society (china, soviet union, etc),  the true always comes out.   Most recent example is the Trump impeachment trials. (BTW that statement has nothing to do whether one likes or dislikes Trump).

Sadly, IMHO because of the current administration, we were slow to react.   Someone didn't follow the plan --  and yes the US Governement had a plan for this.   So we are here now  -- the horse is out of the barn --  and we have to deal with it.

My2Cents

Edited by dwnowhere1, 31 March 2020 - 08:28 PM.