to the frequent posts underlining that the rate of mortality is low

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 itrade

itrade

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:25 PM

For all those who think this is all a creation of the media or is a political ploy,  ask yourself how many medical workers have died worldwide so far and ask yourself if this is the norm or not! 

#12 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:29 PM

If covid-19 is a hoax, we should not see anywhere near 10,000-20,000 dead in USA from this virus in April, as Dr Fauci is predicting. Although the death rate is small for healthy people, there are reports of a few healthy young people who have died from the virus.

But the real reason people are freaked out is that this virus is TEN TIMES more infectious than standard influenza. And even more scary is the data showing an asymptomatic (without obvious symptoms) infected person can infect people around her/him. That is not a characteristic of influenza. 

So many countries are now in lock down, and most of those have no ties or connection to politics in USA or media in USA. April will be very interesting  month indeed.   

Edited by pdx5, 31 March 2020 - 08:31 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#13 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:39 PM

For all those who think this is all a creation of the media or is a political ploy,  ask yourself how many medical workers have died worldwide so far and ask yourself if this is the norm or not! 

I asked myself and myself does not know.  What is the answer.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#14 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:41 PM

dowdeva (lisa):  You seem to be a real "conspiracy" person.   If I recall correctly, previously you were promoting that our government was using aircraft contrails to poison us.

In a democratic society, and even in a totalitarian society (china, soviet union, etc),  the true always comes out.   Most recent example is the Trump impeachment trials. (BTW that statement has nothing to do whether one likes or dislikes Trump).

Sadly, IMHO because of the current administration, we were slow to react.   Someone didn't follow the plan --  and yes the US Governement had a plan for this.   So we are here now  -- the horse is out of the barn --  and we have to deal with it.

My2Cents

On Jan 31st, Trump ordered complete stop of incoming travelers from China. That was now slow action, that was super-fast action.

Those Chinese travelers vacationed in Italy and Spain instead. Trump was immediately accused of being a Xenophobe and a racist for stopping China travelers. This type of action has never been attempted since George Washington was president. Without that travel ban, infections in USA would have been higher by orders of magnitude. After that when news of high infections from Italy & Spain came out, Trump ordered travel ban from entire European Union. Another unusual and strong action.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#15 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:42 PM

I asked myself and myself does not know.  What is the answer.

The answer is obvious. Covid-19 is highly infectious disease even in asymptomatic stage.

#16 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 10:50 PM

There were numerous alarms and warnings by immunologists, virologists and other scientists starting at the end of December that increased in January and February and were ignored and downplayed until mid March. When flights from China were stopped, it was clear to experts that it was too late to stop it because it was here and immediate steps needed to be taken to limit the spread and start testing.

Here's a detailed timeline of these events. Not only was Jan 31 late action, it was not the action needed to present the massive repercussions we are dealing with now. We were warned by Asian nations that we needed to act and had their models of how to do this far more effectively. We are still unprepared with far too few tests and inadequate protection for healthcare workers. It's been a fiasco. We wasted at least two months that will cost many lives.

https://thebulwark.c...id-19-response/

#17 blackcloud

blackcloud

• Traders-Talk User
  • 624 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 11:00 PM

There were numerous alarms and warnings by immunologists, virologists and other scientists starting at the end of December that increased in January and February and were ignored and downplayed until mid March. When flights from China were stopped, it was clear to experts that it was too late to stop it because it was here and immediate steps needed to be taken to limit the spread and start testing.

Here's a detailed timeline of these events. Not only was Jan 31 late action, it was not the action needed to present the massive repercussions we are dealing with now. We were warned by Asian nations that we needed to act and had their models of how to do this far more effectively. We are still unprepared with far too few tests and inadequate protection for healthcare workers. It's been a fiasco. We wasted at least two months that will cost many lives.

https://www.newsbust...w-fact-checkers

#18 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,020 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:42 AM

Yanno, when 83% of the people who are crammed on a boat with infected passengers and crew for two weeks DON'T get the bug, it's not as infectious as many think. And, in fact, Korea's experience supports that, too. The obvious driver is the behavior of the asymptomatic infected.

With massive testing and tracking, we should quickly start looking like Korea.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#19 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:58 AM

Yanno, when 83% of the people who are crammed on a boat with infected passengers and crew for two weeks DON'T get the bug, it's not as infectious as many think. And, in fact, Korea's experience supports that, too. The obvious driver is the behavior of the asymptomatic infected.

With massive testing and tracking, we should quickly start looking like Korea.

M

Good point about infectiousness of covid-19 based on 83% are not infected. Again, you get the infection when you touch something an infected person has touched like a door knob AND THEN YOU TOUCH YOUR FACE before washing hands. This virus can survive on metal surfaces for up to 2 days. That is what makes it 10 times more infectious than influenza virus. The 83% of people on the ship must be practicing simple precaution, wearing gloves, quarantined in their cabins etc. From what the doctors on task force are saying, chances of catching this virus from airborne particles is small, unless an infected person coughs or sneezes close to your face. I am carrying my own hand sanitizer when shopping in grocery store, clean the handle with it, and after loading the bags in trunk, I sanitize my hand again before entering the car. I am nearing age 80 and still no infection.

#20 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:07 AM

BS, there were almost no infections in January in United States. My wife and I did not even cancel our scheduled cruise on Feb 24th because infections in USA were so isolated on Feb 24th. We had zero problems with covid-19 on the ship disembarking at end of February. Again, the president deserves lot of credit for having the courage and foresight to ban travel from China on Jan 31st. He took lot of abuse from media for that action who called him a racist and Xenophobic..He took that action in spite of contrary advice from his advisers. I can't even imagine how many more infections we would have by now if Chinese travelers were allowed to come in freely by the thousands. Sadly for Italy & Spain, those rich Chinese vacationers went there instead and the results were catastrophic there.