• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 03:06 PM

The economy must be opened back up again. It's not making any meaningful difference anyway. And the economic costs will be human costs, meaning lives.

I think we continue to social distance. Mask up. Test, test, test, and expedite reasonable treatment options.

I think that the mask thing is easily understood and will warrant a partial reversal on the parts our so-called leaders.

https://wattsupwitht...SZhLULR_1mKUQnc

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,930 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 03:24 PM

Interesting short video from Dr. Zelenko  a couple days ago.

He said the the test results he got back from his lab indicated his whole town of 35K was likely to be mostly infected within days.

My brother is in the lab testing business. He said he will have his hands on Covid Antibody tests very soon.

If this is a widespread as Dr Z, is estimating, then we should start testing folks for antibodies ASAP.

"Herd Immunity" may be further along than we think.

If after enough sampling, it is determined that this has already spread widely and been resolved uneventfully in the vast amount of cases, then I agree, open 'er up.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#3 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 03:34 PM

The damage has been done to the economy.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#4 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 03:54 PM

It's not like they can't keep adding to the damage!!!

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#5 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 04:07 PM

It's not like they can't keep adding to the damage!!!

M
I wonder about that. If the close down were extend another 30 days would things be considerably worse?
My fear now is S&p 1800 and then the 9/11 lows

Edited by Dex, 01 April 2020 - 04:09 PM.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#6 kinga200

kinga200

• TT Member+
  • 594 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 04:44 PM

Yep!!

#7 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:23 PM

Are you serious??? hasn't even started, the odds of preventing a financial crisis and several lost years of growth is what this is really all about.. You will see municipalities fail before this is all over with. I have always been critical of what the government does for small business, so it was nice to see the support in the Bill, but it  will not stave off the carnage there.Interest rate rates are already at multi generational lows, they are way over leveraged now, these loans may help but , by themselves its not enough. If you are a small business man and you are already up to your ears in debt, these low cost loans just mean you have to work your @ss off that much harder to break even. Despite the valiant efforts of the govt  this is till a checkmate for them,  many won't be able to see the light at the end f the tunnel. (JMHO)

#8 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 06:36 PM

Interesting short video from Dr. Zelenko  a couple days ago.

He said the the test results he got back from his lab indicated his whole town of 35K was likely to be mostly infected within days.

My brother is in the lab testing business. He said he will have his hands on Covid Antibody tests very soon.

If this is a widespread as Dr Z, is estimating, then we should start testing folks for antibodies ASAP.

"Herd Immunity" may be further along than we think.

If after enough sampling, it is determined that this has already spread widely and been resolved uneventfully in the vast amount of cases, then I agree, open 'er up.

Even if 40% of Americans catch it herd immunity doesn't prevail, you have to have like 90% for herd immunity, at lest I thought so/ (JMHO)

#9 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:31 PM

Are you serious??? hasn't even started, the odds of preventing a financial crisis and several lost years of growth is what this is really all about.. You will see municipalities fail before this is all over with. I have always been critical of what the government does for small business, so it was nice to see the support in the Bill, but it  will not stave off the carnage there.Interest rate rates are already at multi generational lows, they are way over leveraged now, these loans may help but , by themselves its not enough. If you are a small business man and you are already up to your ears in debt, these low cost loans just mean you have to work your @ss off that much harder to break even. Despite the valiant efforts of the govt  this is till a checkmate for them,  many won't be able to see the light at the end f the tunnel. (JMHO)

Yes, the damage has been done.

17_16

#10 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:43 PM

There is no way out!

Please look and learn from history for where the USA is.

If we are lucky we will grow old and die ... there is no way out.

The USA is like all other empires.  Here is what is new to you.  The USA is like a 60 year old man who was in good health.  Then he got hit by a bus (the virus)  his aging sped up.

That is all that has happened.

Not other empire in history has escaped this cycle.

There is no way out.

Please send this to your friends.  It is better to prepare for what is coming instead of complaining about what will never be.

Seven Ages of Man

https://www.youtube....h?v=ziXqEX6AwKA

Niall Ferguson: Fiscal Crises and Imperial Collapses: Historical Perspective on Current Predicaments

https://www.youtube....h?v=jCR5YEadeIs

The Fate of Empires

http://people.uncw.e...loffm/glubb.pdf

He generalized about empires having seven stages of development, identifying these successive ages is as follows:
  • The age of outburst (or pioneers).
  • The age of conquests.
  • The age of commerce.
  • The age of affluence.
  • The age of intellect.
  • The age of decadence.
  • The age of decline and collapse.

Edited by Dex, 01 April 2020 - 07:48 PM.

17_16