Setting up BULLS for another wave down

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:40 AM

Wild markets, none more so than crude! Closed half of my CALLS for a GREAT profit

Will gradually close more ... even a but lower than current levels if charts dictate. Will add tons of CALLS much lower down if it gets there

SPX setting up the too-early too-eager BULLS and Dipbuyers for another slap down later or tomorrow. 

Still holding  VOO LONG in my LT Portfolio, will take a 7 to 10% profit if I get it. LT trading is either a few hours or a few years in this environment. 

TIME to close all those CRUDE calls or maybe keep a few

#2 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:00 AM

That was one insane pop...got out fairly close too the high so far.

I was expecting that move to take 4 - 5 days...over 37% pop from yesterday's low right after the report.

Insane!

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#3 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:23 AM

That was one insane pop...got out fairly close too the high so far.

I was expecting that move to take 4 - 5 days...over 37% pop from yesterday's low right after the report.

Insane!

OIL ? or Equities?

#4 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:27 AM

Thanks, President Trump for that $16K gift in CRUDE CALLS. 
One learns from the President's MO during the Trade War (remember that?) 

Kremlin denied there are "talks" but Crude has not pulled back to yesterday's high so the market is now in 

a state of flux and we await on talk about talks, talk about possibility of deals etc, just like the Trade War.

Will start opening a new CRUDE CALL position a bit lower down than current $24.60

#5 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:30 AM

Never say never but SPX looks quite vulnerable above 2510/20

However, it could zoom back to the 2600/2700 zone today or tomorrow

I am trying to design a SPY or QQQ option spread to gain a few $ profit from WILD MOVES before and after the NFM report tomorrow

I prefer the QQQ spread

#6 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:30 AM

CL futures.

Low after report was a couple pennies under $20, hit 27.39 on the spike high.

Also had some UCO in the IRAS. Took out 58% for a 3 day hold...Hit and Run baby.

This volatility makes for insane annualized returns, if you get anywhere close to timing the turns.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#7 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:35 AM

It will take a few months but all this COVID suffering, grief, anguish, and economic & social distress will be over. 

And, the US economy will be back above 2% GDP and markets will be up by at least 25% in a few weeks after the peak case and death period. Since it is impossible to pinpoint the precise turn within a few days I will be start building my LT and RISK portfolio from next week when I expect SPX below 2300.  Stocks and ETFs in the LT and hedges in the RISK.

If it does not get there next week I will wait

#8 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:36 AM

CL futures.

Low after report was a couple pennies under $20, hit 27.39 on the spike high.

Also had some UCO in the IRAS. Took out 58% for a 3 day hold...Hit and Run baby.

This volatility makes for insane annualized returns, if you get anywhere close to timing the turns.

Incredible... and it is still wild.. not getting into that now, too volatile, wide bid/ask

#9 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:37 AM

This article from ZeroHedge a couple of days ago talking about negative oil process got me lickin' my chops on the long position.

Once I saw that, knew it was likely only a matter of hours or days until the turn...

https://www.zerohedg...oil-devastation

Turned out to be exact day of the spike bottom.

Edited by K Wave, 02 April 2020 - 10:38 AM.

#10 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 11:01 AM

I' m focused on a european large capitalization stock in order to short it on the bounce's top. Today's action......little time after opening bell +6%.......mid day -1%........two hours before the close +4% ..........close 0%. Now tell me how to trade it. I know that in a longer time frame than the day it will go down a lot, but given that I don' t want to suffer an initial drawdown.........I would like to be precise even though these are not times for surgical precision.

Edited by andr99, 02 April 2020 - 11:04 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard