• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 12:44 PM

We made another record for shorting in the SH last night.

Since the decline got going, they've added $1.5 BILLION in net new shorts.

Bears need to engage in some social distancing, it would seem to me!!!

:lol:

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#12 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 01:01 PM

We made another record for shorting in the SH last night.

Since the decline got going, they've added $1.5 BILLION in net new shorts.

Bears need to engage in some social distancing, it would seem to me!!!

laugh.png

Noted.

Once the 1 min charts start to setup again, will be looking long.

And IF VIX cracks 52 around the same time, could be quite a ride.

Thinking we get one last swing down before bulls make their attempt.

Watching the SOX 5 min 900 line here...if it gets one more dip below, and then recovers, could be time....

Edited by K Wave, 02 April 2020 - 01:02 PM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#13 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 02:01 PM

currently my own IT and LT indicators are broken..........if I had listened to them and had gone long, I would be broken as well. Currently there's no indicator that I used to look at that is working. The only thing working seems to be patterns. And pattern wise to me there's another drop coming soon............probably the last one.   

Edited by andr99, 02 April 2020 - 02:02 PM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#14 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 02:15 PM

The dead cat bounce today indicates further decline coming, probably as soon as Friday or Monday. The closing today should be watched.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#15 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 02:34 PM

If bulls lose the last pivot made, then more downside likely. But so far, holding the line where expected.

The thing to watch for is to see if they start collapsing VIX or not into close.

May provide clues for what may transpire overnight.

My guess is gap action out of this zone tomorrow....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#16 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 02:52 PM

Based on the SH closing NAV reported each day, the average price of the accumulated $1.5 billion position is around 28.53 or about SPX cash 2500.  Special meeting to be called in the Bear Den this weekend if non-farm payrolls and the employment situation does not yield any honey tomorrow.  

#17 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 03:09 PM

Based on the SH closing NAV reported each day, the average price of the accumulated $1.5 billion position is around 28.53 or about SPX cash 2500.  Special meeting to be called in the Bear Den this weekend if non-farm payrolls and the employment situation does not yield any honey tomorrow.  

:)

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#18 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 03:10 PM

currently my own IT and LT indicators are broken..........if I had listened to them and had gone long, I would be broken as well. Currently there's no indicator that I used to look at that is working. The only thing working seems to be patterns. And pattern wise to me there's another drop coming soon............probably the last one.   

In a Bear Market, Buy your Sells and Sell your Buys.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#19 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 03:20 PM

We may trade back and forth between 2400 and 2700 as the market awaits data and then decide which way. 

I think this is good for the IT bullish case

However, this is a unique global event that may be regarded in the future as one of the most important in the history of modern human civilization and such an event is highly unpredictable and difficult to evaluate when you are in the midst of it. 

Hence, I cannot trust the conventional TA and FA and so I decide to trade ST and wait .... 

After we get new data that gives us a better grip on the damage and estimated time to recover etc then the markets will move up rapidly ... maybe even mirror the decline from historic highs but I do not see any test of those highs SPX 3400 area until next year. 

#20 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 05:30 PM

smile.png

Came across Steve Grasso on Twitter in the last few days and noticed he does not post much, but he retweeted his CNBC fast money interview today after the close and I thought of our SH threads here lately when he said " The 55 clients I cover all said the lows will be retested and FAIL".  That is the kind of bearishness SH is showing right now.  Things can change fast as we have seen the last few years, but these new SH owners will probably not make any money before they bail.  https://twitter.com/...821158022352901