Bear Fantasies

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 11:39 PM

Whatever they are, they are not going to happen.

They will stay as dreams.

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#2 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 11:43 PM

vxvd.jpg

Shame, I've had hopes

Edited by Dex, 02 April 2020 - 11:44 PM.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#3 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 07:24 AM

I’m not so confident in bull case.  I purchased May 2200 puts yesterday at the close.  I own a 1/2 position and will scale in if we rally more this AM.  I believe we are in a trading band between 2200 & 2600.  It’s not ready to break either level yet.  I think we revisit 2200 as a test and may possibly break all the way to 1800-2000 as final bottom.  My May puts may not give this enough time.  Afterwards, we will start a new Bull market but it won’t be a “V”.  More of a “U-shaped.”

#4 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 09:02 AM

vxvd.jpg

Shame, I've had hopes

FTW this morning! :lol:

:lol:

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#5 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 10:56 AM

Good heavens! You must be really hurting. Say that over and over again if it makes you feel better.

I had a bear fantasy today, if that's what you want to call it. I happen to think anyone who has "fantasies" in the market is in big trouble. There are only simple facts - it is either up or it is down.

Anyway, my bear "fantasy" is up 65% at the moment.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#6 kaiser soze

kaiser soze

• Traders-Talk User
  • 884 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 12:35 PM

Mortgage backed real estate ETF (REM) made new lows in today's trading session.  XRT (equal weighted retail) close to making new downtrend lows. IWM trading in the region of March 24th's opening gap. Safe utility stocks such as Exelon down close to 6 % and trading multi-percent ranges every day.

The bear is real and growling fiercely. 

#7 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 01:06 PM

Mortgage backed real estate ETF (REM) made new lows in today's trading session.  XRT (equal weighted retail) close to making new downtrend lows. IWM trading in the region of March 24th's opening gap. Safe utility stocks such as Exelon down close to 6 % and trading multi-percent ranges every day.

I have 2/3 of my REM investment goal.  I'll buy the remaining near the retest of the low but, I need to see how we get there.

CODI        12.88%  XLE        20.95%  REM        (20.23%) Emerging Bonds      (8.14%) HY-Tax Free      8.06% 
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#8 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,998 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 01:47 PM

The bottom might have been made, but, it's a very long stretch of imagination that we'll exceed prior highs for a very long time if ever in out lifetime. In 2008, they poured in over $23 trillion dollars to save the banking sector, this time around they need several hundred trillions to prop the bond market.

#9 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 02:19 PM

I see MASSIVE divergences in SPG MAC on these lower low retests here ...

Looks like 1 min charts may be starting to turn now.....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy