Photo

SELL all RALLIES until further notice...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,722 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 11:31 AM

VIX/UVXY  not recovering key levels on this drop in indexes...and now look like they might roll back over....

Edited by K Wave, 03 April 2020 - 11:31 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#22 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,722 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 11:32 AM

and there's the first hint of the rollover.....let's see if it continues...

VIX/UVXY both in the very precarious Hangin' Turd formation right now...

Edited by K Wave, 03 April 2020 - 11:32 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#23 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 12:38 PM

I am no elliot wave guru, but everything looks like we need a 5th wave down to finish this decline off.

15,000 in djia and 2000 in spx

#24 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,282 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 01:16 PM

pre-weekend VXX and VIX down, still! 

maybe also people not hedging again

#25 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,282 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 02:22 PM

FLAT

may daytrade NQ for rest of session  and SHORT CRUDE if WTI $30 is traded 

Edited by dTraderB, 03 April 2020 - 02:22 PM.

#26 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 10:35 AM

I agree, to a certain extent. This is a unique global epochal event, one has to see some visibility before committing:

Also, Buffett has historically averaged in to many investment positions - as I have been doing. He specifically says he couldn't care less about timing a bottom, he cant. And if Warren cant I suspect most cant. Warren's holding period is "forever" (his term) mine is not quite

I like Buffet's style of investing. Buy for long term when deep discounted, sit on it for a couple of years, play lot of golf in the meanwhile instead of staring at the computer screen all day. I can't believe it is this easy to make money. When I had a full time job in private sector, it was 45 hours every week of hard work, plus 12-15 hours of side jobs part time consulting (my skills were in demand!). Man that was hard life, no time for golf or exercise. 

I like that style also and even though I’m think there’s a strong possibility that the market revisits the lows and possibly break to 2000 level on the S&P; I am eyeing bargains right here for a couple year holding period.  I purchased O (Realty Income) yesterday for example.

#27 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 12:15 PM

I don't think we roll over just yet! My cycle/wave analysis says big up Monday and Tuesday above last Tuesday's top, then a roll over into around April 14/15, then up again into the SPX 2800's by April 17-20, then we roll over into May 13-14 to near 2000 SPX.  See my blog.

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions