75 replies to this topic

#11 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 04:37 PM

Voluntary Quarantine has not worked.

We are not winning this War.

We are used to working with number here.

What numbers/projections/etc do you have to support this?

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#12 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 04:38 PM

civil unrest has the potential to be out of the control of local law enforcement. It will start with looting and grow into record number of breakins and home invasions, be locked and loaded.

(If you dont already own a firearm, its too late, huddle up with a neighbor that does).

#13 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 05:03 PM

"and will ride that train!" probably why NYC is so sick: Mass Transit.

I just checked my mail.

The letter carrier was wearing a mask and rubber gloves.

Those gloves have touched hundreds of mail boxes today and have microbes from the entire neighborhood.

Now when I take a shot of Vodka, I also wash my hands in it!

Why do you get snail mail?

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#14 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 06:59 PM

Bill Gates told the CNN Town Hall this week that every county in the US must shut down. That's based on the research his foundation has done with diseases around the world. EVERY COUNTY and there are still states that have not shut down! There are some indications this virus can be defeated in sixty days with a total shutdown but that probably means we can't begin counting the sixty days until the last of the Republican governors in the open states, as bodies begin to pile up around them, finally relent and issue stay at home orders.

Otherwise those states will be the source of the next wave - NATIONWIDE WAVE -- of the virus that could carry us into next year.

There's good news and bad on the chart below. The rest of the world has varying degrees of hopeful news, America is the bad news.

[politics redacted]

tongue.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#15 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 07:16 PM

Bill Gates told the CNN Town Hall this week that every county in the US must shut down. That's based on the research his foundation has done with diseases around the world. EVERY COUNTY and there are still states that have not shut down! There are some indications this virus can be defeated in sixty days with a total shutdown but that probably means we can't begin counting the sixty days until the last of the Republican governors in the open states, as bodies begin to pile up around them, finally relent and issue stay at home orders.

Otherwise those states will be the source of the next wave - NATIONWIDE WAVE -- of the virus that could carry us into next year.

There's good news and bad on the chart below. The rest of the world has varying degrees of hopeful news, America is the bad news.

[politics redacted] tongue.png

Please do some research.  Look at this map.  Does it really matter if anyone travels to the 4 states that have not shut down?

I'd say no.  So, did Bill say anything meaningful, no.

Did Bill spread fear, yes.

NonEssentialBusinessClosures_040320_v01_

17_16

#16 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 07:18 PM

[politics redacted]. tongue.png

Again, please do some research.  The raw numbers mean nothing in the example you gave.  All those countries - except for China have much smaller populations then the USA.  And no one trusts China's numbers.

If you had info using a % of the population then you might have some useful info.

Edited by OEXCHAOS, 05 April 2020 - 12:00 PM.

17_16

#17 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 07:39 PM

[politics redacted]

USA has one of the lowest death rates per population:

Deaths per 1 million people:

Spain: 256

Italy: 254

France: 116

UK: 64

USA: Wait For It--- 26

Having a lot of people get the virus and keeping the death rate low is the best case scenario. 

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#18 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 07:40 PM

Another update, another dark day of death:

(click on the title for the article)

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#19 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 07:42 PM

Actual data of the growth factor in active cases worldwide (3 day ma)

21-Mar 1.165

22-Mar 1.152

23-Mar 1.147

24-Mar 1.145

25-Mar 1.144

26-Mar 1.138

27-Mar 1.139

28-Mar 1.135

29-Mar 1.119

30-Mar 1.101

31-Mar 1.092

1-Apr 1.089

2-Apr 1.088

3-Apr 1.091

4-Apr 1.086

Edited by MikeyG, 04 April 2020 - 07:44 PM.

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

#20 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 07:44 PM

Another update, another dark day of death:

(click on the title for the article)

Your bearish fantasies will remain just that. 

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest