Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:03 AM

https://www.thegatew...ded-40-5-times/

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:59 AM

The incentives are there to overstate everything. There's money in any crisis. Also there political gain to be had.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:55 AM

Brought to you by the very same models that predict climate change.

It's all political propaganda of worse case scenarios, based solely on what if's, in an effort to take your freedoms and liberties away from you.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#4 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:45 AM

At the University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor MI they increased their bed capacity in anticipation of more folks being admitted, but the acceleration in admissions has not occurred yet, so they are accepting people from Wayne County (Detroit) where the number of cases/admissions was stretching capacity.

#5 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:52 AM

cheif,

Did you happen to notice that a guy here told me last week I was going to end up  living in my car LIKE YOU?

Not entirely sure, given how crazy he was at the time, if he meant you're living in my car or in your car, but since I went out and checked and you were not in my car, I'm pretty sure he was referring to you living in your car.

If so, my question is "do you change the car you're living in each day like underwear?"

biggrin.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#6 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 10:56 AM

If they are scare tactics, then by all means use scare tactics if it saves lives. You know how reckless people would be without the scare tactics. Like those idiot spring breakers.. Look at it this way, this wil be the one pandemic we get a free ride on the scare tactics, the next one the public will be its usual reckless self. (JMHO)

#7 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 11:06 AM

Cheif -

are you dumb as a rock ?

they only have cut down the number of deaths because they SHUT DOWN THE WHOLE WORLD.

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 11:43 AM

Actually, the evidence suggests that shutdowns don't have much of an effect either way.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#9 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,934 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 11:53 AM

Actually, the evidence suggests that shutdowns don't have much of an effect either way.

And the reason for that is most likely that shutdowns generally happen after the horse is long out of the barn and 10 miles down the road....as in this case, which will be viewed as mostly an exercise in futility when all the data is in.

I eagerly await the antibody sample testing to see how many people have antibodies that never got tested. Likely a ton....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#10 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:12 PM

Nasdaq- 5 figures- before year end- book it. 

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world."