Posted 06 April 2020 - 02:27 PM

UK PM Boris Johnson Taken To ICU.

If he dies, all bets are off.

#2 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:14 PM

Anyone under 70 that is overweight/obese is higher risk. I pray that he will be ok. 

According to a report published last week, more than 70% of patients placed in intensive care after being infected with Covid-19 were overweight, obese or severely obese on the body mass index scale.

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#3 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 04:45 PM

https://apple.news/A...BT_ahQBv8xhIGIQ
I'm not sure what my future holds... But I know who holds it.

#4 .Blizzard

.Blizzard

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 05:27 PM

tocilizumab immediately

#5 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:59 PM

Anyone under 70 that is overweight/obese is higher risk. I pray that he will be ok. 

According to a report published last week, more than 70% of patients placed in intensive care after being infected with Covid-19 were overweight, obese or severely obese on the body mass index scale.

and those that die  2.5 to 1 are African American and poor

#6 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 07:53 AM

So, the same class we were told suffer disproportionately from "hunger"?

Sorry, that's an unrelated rant from me. While a plausible notion, do you have a source for that factoid?

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#7 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:27 AM

Virus doesn't care about color, but it does about weight.

My aunt works in a hospital in Long Island as a dietitian. She sees Covid-19 patients all day that are in bad shape. She said one of the biggest common denominators for the young people (under 60 crowd) that are getting critically ill is they are overweight/obese.  

That is why New Orleans has a higher death rate, it relates the the higher BMI. 

• African American women have the highest rates of obesity or being overweight compared to other groups in the United States. About 4 out of 5 African American women are overweight or obese.
  • In 2018, non-Hispanic blacks were 1.3 times more likely to be obese as compared to non-Hispanic whites.

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#8 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 12:06 PM

Sorry, that's an unrelated rant from me. While a plausible notion, do you have a source for that factoid?

of course I do .... do you think I would just fabricate things to post here ? . . I have too much respect for your forum to do that

link:   https://www.cbsnews....ays-2020-04-06/

#9 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 03:51 PM

of course I do .... do you think I would just fabricate things to post here ? . . I have too much respect for your forum to do that

link:   https://www.cbsnews....ays-2020-04-06/

Thanks. I wasn't suggesting that you would fabricate anything. I just wanted to take a peek. Looking at this and more, I would say that the numbers are about what you'd expect given risk factors.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter