Apart that the secondary top is in and the counter trend bounce over

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 02:49 PM

but what' s the sense in making the american indexes bounce so much as they have done ? what's the sense in manipulating the stock markets so much ? what' s the sense in creating such a huge disconnection between the stock markets and real economy ? what' s the sense in pumping another bubble while the whole world is on shut down ? do they want to add damage to damage when this bubble too bursts as every bubble eventually does ? or maybe the stock market is in such a good condition as economy is ? 

Edited by andr99, 03 May 2020 - 02:50 PM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 03:22 PM

in other words.....everyone who trades something in the stock markets is well aware that they don' t want the market to go much down, but instead of pumping a counter trend rally so high, wouldn' t it be better to just

stabilize prices avoiding to add new excesses to previous excesses ? what do they think to obtain doing like that ? 

Edited by andr99, 03 May 2020 - 03:23 PM.

#3 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 04:07 PM

secondary top in..... just my personal opinion 

#4 flyers&divers

flyers&divers

• TT Patron+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:24 AM

Managers of trillions of $USD securities are waiting for another chance to lighten up.

In this case the government and big money is on the same side.

I am not suggesting conspiracy.

People who think that Apple will be able to sell new phones to the masses at $1000 a pop at the rates we have seen

are dreaming.

The average bear market has been 50% off the highs.

Why would after the largest global disruption since WW2 the market not come off at least 50%?

Trade safe, be nimble!

F&D

"Successful trading is more about Sun Tzu then Elliott." F&D

#5 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 11:59 AM

People who think that Apple will be able to sell new phones to the masses at $1000 a pop at the rates we have seen

are dreaming.

Good point ... individuals and businesses won't be buying.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#6 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,514 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 12:06 PM

Short term here, its all about 286 on AAPL....

If that goes by the wayside, multiple longer swing time frames will start to accelerate their nascent rollover attempt here

Edited by K Wave, 04 May 2020 - 12:06 PM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#7 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,514 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 12:07 PM

FB in super wedgie mode now.....

Something likely coming soon....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#8 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 12:41 PM

Managers of trillions of $USD securities are waiting for another chance to lighten up.

In this case the government and big money is on the same side.

I am not suggesting conspiracy.

are dreaming.

The average bear market has been 50% off the highs.

Why would after the largest global disruption since WW2 the market not come off at least 50%?

Trade safe, be nimble!

F&D

Agree, I think SOX is sell of a lifetime, same like in 2000.

#9 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:19 PM

Good to see lots of disappointed bears here. What they should remember is that not easy to switch from the best economy in history of universe to 50% correction.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#10 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 11:05 PM

I think Warren Buffet's comments over the weekend make him one of those disappointed as well since the FED jumped in front of him this time, and the media are now describing his statements of FED actions as concerning.  Folks need to starting thinking about how all the easy money that is available can benefit them.  Apple sure did as this news article suggests.  I would like to theoretically borrow billions as well for a little over 1% to invest in this market right now.  Here is the apple bond news article. 

https://www.reuters....(Business News)

(one more note about Buffet.  Do not forget, he already did this airline thing 25+ years ago with USAir.  He had pref stock back then and somehow got his money back later, but vowed never to put another dollar in an industry like airlines that has no real positive outcome.  You may ask what changed in 2016 when he started buying the big 4 airlines again, well his new business model is to buy companies like Apple who spend as much as they can on buy backs and dividends, and that is what got him back into the Airlines.  Apple taught him this lesson in his twilight years for the easy money, and now Apple is going right back at it.  I bet the next report on Apple shares at Berkshire will show another increase.  This is probably one of the good research ideas going forward.  Who is borrowing from the FED with good credit, issuing Bonds, and continuing to buy their stock back.--Maybe all we need to know is that Apple is doing it, so just load up on Apple, FAANG-M, QQQ and or TQQQ and be done with it.)