Turning BULLISH this week UNLESS....

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:29 AM

I needed that weekend, really mentally tired after a week of trading.

I will be turning BULLISH this week unless market reverses. WHAT? 

Well, if the market continues to march upwards then one has to go with the market and trade with it. 

Sure, it is nearing that psychological SPX 3000 level  - 3000/3030 is a strong resistance zone -- and it will most likely be unable to move beyond that  but if it does then I will turn bullish IT. 

OF COURSE, IT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO SO but I will buy a few stocks if it trades above that level.

For now, I will add more SEP SPY PUTS, currently holding 55, and daytrade NQ with an occasional ES LONG 

Maybe, I will trade CRUDE IT but cannot focus on more than 2 to 3 trading instruments during the day. I am NET SHORT one crude.and will close that position today. I had a great run with CRUDE during the last 3 months or so but I prefer to focus on NQ and ES. 

Despite the big rally, it's hard to see who's buying

https://www.sentimen...ee-whos-buying/

Edited by dTraderB, 11 May 2020 - 06:29 AM.

#2 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 07:57 AM

YM 24K back test where we are now should hold....if not then could be first sign of bull trouble...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#3 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:40 AM

As usual NDX charging off the dip first...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#4 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:58 AM

Like 55 day highs on the Qs here.......selling into strength for the most part. The open was laughable IMO.....

Edited by LMF, 11 May 2020 - 08:58 AM.

#5 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 09:02 AM

Hmmmm....  look at the M1....  I added to the historical WOW chart..... IWM and $NYA still lagging.....  The M1 money should help move them higher...  We know why the SPX keeps moving higher..... 4 or 5 stocks......  I'm currently on a sell signal. However, the trend is currently up, but a few early warning  indicators put me into cash.

https://stockcharts....129&a=752532132

Edited by robo, 11 May 2020 - 09:11 AM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#6 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 10:13 AM

2 and 3 month commercial paper looks like it was reported on May 7th.

#7 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 10:40 AM

UVXY still in full collapse mode....

#8 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 11:14 AM

added 2 more QQQ puts

closed 2 SPY PUTS

net short 1 OCT CRUDE

several NQ daytrades

2 ES LONG still open -- my PUT hedge strategy of buy ES when ES at least 1% below daily or SWING high and at least 2 PUTS are in the green

will close these as soon as 1-minute chart goes negative on momentum, which is about now

#9 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 12:55 PM

NDX may have outkicked the coverage at this point....

May take a few days to roll over after this blast, but am about to go into top hunting mode soon...could still see 9400-9500 over next few days before reaction down begins.

#10 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:49 PM

Hate to do it, again, but it is the partial PUT hedge strategy

buy limit ES LONG order filled 2914

1 ES LONG

56 SPY PUTS

8 NQ PUTS

FLAT CRUDE