Renewed Outbreak of COVID-19 after Lifting of Lockdowns

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 03:58 PM

Every time someone asks when will the average american get access to testing they never address the question. There is no access to this testing being advertised or available in the states, if you are not sick enough to be admitted you don't get a test, best tests in the world means nothing if you aren't told where to go get a free test in your own state or city. Basically they don't have enough to just test 100 million people and probably never will. They just have enough to test a local outbreak if it happens and that's it.

#12 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 04:07 PM

Every time someone asks when will the average american get access to testing they never address the question. There is no access to this testing being advertised or available in the states, if you are not sick enough to be admitted you don't get a test, best tests in the world means nothing if you aren't told where to go get a free test in your own state or city. Basically they don't have enough to just test 100 million people and probably never will. They just have enough to test a local outbreak if it happens and that's it.

https://www.cnet.com...vid-19-testing/

You should read this.

Edited by Dex, 11 May 2020 - 04:08 PM.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#13 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 04:59 PM

ARROGANCE VERSUS THE VIRUS - Guess what wins?

Covid-19 has tiptoed into the White House. Duh...whodah ever thunk that would happen?

As two West Wingers, close to Trump and Pence, and reportedly numerous Secret Service agents, test positive the White House is directing staff to wear masks.

From the link:

The White House said last week it was stepping up precautions for people who are around Trump and Pence, both of whom have resumed travel outside of Washington. The two men are being tested for the virus daily and close associates are receiving tests on a daily basis as well.

“In addition to social distancing, daily temperature checks and symptom histories, hand sanitizer, and regular deep cleaning of all work spaces, every staff member in close proximity to the president and vice president is being tested daily for COVID-19 as well as any guests,” White House spokesman Judd Deere said in a statement.

After Pence’s spokeswoman, Katie Miller, tested positive for the virus last week, Trump was asked whether people in the West Wing would begin to wear masks. He responded that people already were doing so, but he and his guests that day had not donned masks, and staff in the West Wing were not wearing them either.

Should be noted that Trump is in a high-risk group (a death-level high-risk group) because he is 73-years-old and he is fat.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#14 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 07:32 PM

Should be noted that Trump is in a high-risk group (a death-level high-risk group) because he is 73-years-old and he is fat.

I have posted MULTIPLE times how I have done everything forbidden according to so called "experts" and in spite of being in the SUPER-RISK group at age 80 I don't have fever, don't have cough, don't have shortness of breath, actually am more energetic than at age 55 when I had a full time job. I do a daily walk of mile and a half at 22 min/mile speed, and it  is making this 80 year old body defy getting old. 100 looks easily attainable barring shot down by cancer.

So, I will repeat my list of "forbidden" activities.

1. was on a sold out cruise which ended on Feb 29, 2020. Almost all the crew was from China or nearby countries to China.

Attended every live show in crowded lounges & theaters, hung out at crowded buffet's every day.

2. Have shopped for groceries every week at Walmart, Aldi or Winn-Dixie.

3. Did not wear mask in March or April. But wearing a cheap mask in month of May when in stores, because now they insist on it.

4. Gassed up our 2 cars several times touching the dirtiest place in town, the gas dispenser handle.

5. Accompany wife to cancer hospital every 3 weeks for chemo treatment and sit in with her doctor.

6. Picked up food from various restaurants, and prescriptions for wife from pharmacy

7. Walk on the beautiful beach in Saint Augustine.

So now I am convinced that covid-19 is very easy to avoid. All I have done is not touch my face before washing hands with soap.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#15 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:09 PM

Thanks for that,

gis
If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!

#16 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:17 PM

Testing negative is only good for next 15 seconds if you touch anything touched by others or are exposed to a sneeze or cough by an  infected person nearby, and then rub your eyes or pick your nose or chew on your nails. Not only that but if you are already infected recently, and have no symptoms, the anti-body test will likely be negative since your body has not had the time to produce anti-bodies. So you will falsely assume you are not infected and then infect others unknowingly.

The point is results of a test are only good for a short time. So unless we test all 325 million people at least once every day, the tests are meaningless.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#17 risktaker

risktaker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 434 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 09:14 PM

Which state are you in pdx5?

#18 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 10:10 PM

Which state are you in pdx5?

The Sunshine state of Florida where we get couple of hurricanes every now and then.

#19 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 11:02 PM

I have posted MULTIPLE times how I have done everything forbidden according to so called "experts" and in spite of being in the SUPER-RISK group at age 80 I don't have fever, don't have cough, don't have shortness of breath, actually am more energetic than at age 55 when I had a full time job. I do a daily walk of mile and a half at 22 min/mile speed, and it  is making this 80 year old body defy getting old. 100 looks easily attainable barring shot down by cancer.

So, I will repeat my list of "forbidden" activities.

1. was on a sold out cruise which ended on Feb 29, 2020. Almost all the crew was from China or nearby countries to China.

Attended every live show in crowded lounges & theaters, hung out at crowded buffet's every day.

2. Have shopped for groceries every week at Walmart, Aldi or Winn-Dixie.

3. Did not wear mask in March or April. But wearing a cheap mask in month of May when in stores, because now they insist on it.

4. Gassed up our 2 cars several times touching the dirtiest place in town, the gas dispenser handle.

5. Accompany wife to cancer hospital every 3 weeks for chemo treatment and sit in with her doctor.

6. Picked up food from various restaurants, and prescriptions for wife from pharmacy

7. Walk on the beautiful beach in Saint Augustine.

So now I am convinced that covid-19 is very easy to avoid. All I have done is not touch my face before washing hands with soap.

Good for you and you have certainly laid out effective ways to avoid the virus, and some not so effective unless you're lucky.

Needless to say, everyone and every circumstance is different except over sixty-five with an underlying condition like diabetes, or asthma, or obesity (like Trump), demands one be extra careful and follow the experts' advice to lessen the chances of dying a relatively quick and ugly death.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#20 risktaker

risktaker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 434 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:28 AM

https://www.cnet.com...vid-19-testing/
You should read this.

Again, Trump said yesterday that "If somebody wants to be tested right now, they'll be able to be tested.". Is he talking the truth or does he know what we know?