Posted 12 May 2020 - 10:34 AM

Market is tired

Some divergences are confirming this view

#3 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,721 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:57 AM

Watch SOX....so far still riding the 1 min 900 higher....

When that is finally busted, then we may start to stall out and roll over...

My guess is we still see over 1800 before fully cooked on this leg, but prepared to act if things go south before then...

sox1.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#4 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,721 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 12:51 PM

And now NDX bounces off the 1 min 900...the last of the mohicans still above

As long as that holds, this thing can still keep working higher...but it does appear upward momo now starting to wane...

ndx.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#5 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,721 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 12:52 PM

SOX about to back test broken 1 min 900...let's see if it now holds as resistance or not...

#6 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 01:04 PM

SOX about to back test broken 1 min 900...let's see if it now holds as resistance or not...

Are you mechanically trading, stop and reverse those 900ma tests?

#7 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,721 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 01:15 PM

Are you mechanically trading, stop and reverse those 900ma tests?

Sometimes...

I usually front run the moves towards 900 when I see shorter stuff starting to turn when I am top hunting as now.

So I shorted when this last wave just started down shortly after the SOX image was posted, and SOX turned down, as DOW and SPX were breaking their 1 min 900s.

I NEVER look at just one index.....you give up way too much valuable information if you do that.

I will remain short if SOX manages to close under 1760 today.

If SOX comes back above 1 min 900 and 200, then will take it off for a small gain and try again later.

Often times, at turning points, will have to attempt the entry 2 or 3 times before one finally sticks.

I think the top in Feb I actually had to foul it off it 4 times before the home run ball...

Edited by K Wave, 12 May 2020 - 01:19 PM.

#8 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,721 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 01:17 PM

Also am short RUT when it turned down from backtesting the underneath of the 1 min 900 most of the day. It appears to leading down today...

That one I did very close to the 1 min 900.

Edited by K Wave, 12 May 2020 - 01:20 PM.

#9 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,721 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 01:21 PM

2nd test of 1 min 900 on NDX....this is where bulls could pull the stick save...

But if they do not, then things could start to unravel....

#10 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,721 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 01:34 PM

MSFT hourly starting to look quite tired as it battles here at the 1 min 900...

FB as well...