• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 03:03 PM

Hospitalizations went up in California.

Lots of limitations on reopening - county by county.

"herky-jerky" state reopening's which will be time consuming  - coming  in "fits and starts" - soon leading to the Oct new flu season   

malls and stores cant open - only curb pickup - limiting re-hiring 

requirements of zero deaths for 14 days to move on to stage 2 higher level easing 

complicated rules 

unclear messages being sent by CDC , white House and Fed - sometimes in conflict with each other 

as cases in urban areas on both coasts are dropping ... heartland small towns experiencing new outbreaks  

no good news on tourism or immigration 

no dates set for the new school year .... or child care for those now unemployed looking for work

ugly election around the corner - about to become ultra negative 

no realistic date for vaccine 

closed borders with no time tables for reopening 

market extended based on fed injections and hope of a V recovery 

new cold war with China which will get worse as we near US election 

small caps not  confirming rally 

#2 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 03:15 PM

there are so many ramifications to this stuff its not funny. no easy talk and life is forever changed

imho

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#3 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 03:21 PM

there are so many ramifications to this stuff its not funny. no easy talk and life is forever changed

imho

I don't people/news media understand the depth of how their lives have changed.

Millions of jobs will be lost - mostly lowest wage earners but many middle class.  Wage stagnation.

Retail & malls will become ghost towns.  Some malls will be taken over by online stores for distribution.

People are beginning to think the Fed Gov't should provide 'guaranteed income' until they can get a job --- i.e. long term welfare state to include universal health care.

The longer this goes on, the greater the chance of a depression.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#4 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 03:25 PM

Phase 4 stimulus 2k per month soon, that could be around 10k total then by the time they open the country up.

#5 Bernie

Bernie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 423 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 03:30 PM

imho

Millions of jobs will be lost - mostly lowest wage earners but many middle class.  Wage stagnation.

Retail & malls will become ghost towns.  Some malls will be taken over by online stores for distribution.

People are beginning to think the Fed Gov't should provide 'guaranteed income' until they can get a job --- i.e. long term welfare state to include universal health care.

Also small business failures, prime real estate bought up by conglomerates. restaurants etc..

#6 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 03:33 PM

imho

Also small business failures, prime real estate bought up by conglomerates. restaurants etc..

I can see good casual restaurants like Applebees/Chilis replacing the mom/pop places that can't make it across the nation.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#7 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 04:25 PM

A few states still left to go, but looks like we will get our 2nd consecutive day under 1.02 for the country as a whole.

Another 10 days or so, should be under 1.01.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy