Coordinated Wall Street Messaging to Powell

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 07:22 AM

This move overnight is just Wall Street messaging to Powell that it wants more liquidity and negative interest rates. This move is all BS. The market is not going lower for the Memorial Weekend.

#2 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:22 AM

It seems more like Powell pushed it off a cliff on purpose precisely when it was teetering on the edge (MACD cross on SP500). Think of all the money that could be made in both directions in a giant "W" if you were in the know about when the turns would occur. In the end it goes essentially nowhere yet you make scads of money on 4 massive legs. Wall Street being in the know as that was one reason for the Fed creation by them, to be in the know on vast directed swings.

#3 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:27 AM

If the red trend line breaks, the downside may be over, at least some kind of retrace.

https://invst.ly/qs-98

#4 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:44 AM

today is an important day.

Any bounce should be contained by SOX 1720. Back above that and bears will have failed in their mission.

I could see Qs going as high as back test of 1 min 900, but bears would then need to reverse there and close it under 220 to keep the ball.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#5 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:14 AM

This move overnight is just Wall Street messaging to Powell that it wants more liquidity and negative interest rates. This move is all BS. The market is not going lower for the Memorial Weekend.

Negative rate in the US is unlikely unless they want to end this ponzi game.  It turns out that someone on the Wall street is not that smart as I thought..................

Edited by redfoliage2, 14 May 2020 - 09:16 AM.

#6 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:53 AM

It seems more like Powell pushed it off a cliff on purpose precisely when it was teetering on the edge (MACD cross on SP500). Think of all the money that could be made in both directions in a giant "W" if you were in the know about when the turns would occur. In the end it goes essentially nowhere yet you make scads of money on 4 massive legs. Wall Street being in the know as that was one reason for the Fed creation by them, to be in the know on vast directed swings.

I am getting ready to fiddle with that giant W.

Looks like I will be adding to long term longs before this week ends.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#7 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 11:11 AM

In this unprecedented time I believe in the saying "the Market Leads the Economy up"  ...........................

Edited by redfoliage2, 14 May 2020 - 11:15 AM.

#8 typicalbear

typicalbear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 390 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:23 PM

In this unprecedented time I believe in the saying "the Market Leads the Economy up"  ...........................

Absolutely!

#9 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:59 PM

https://invst.ly/qt71p