https://themarketear...e12e1bafcac5cd5

https://themarketear...db289601d12112a

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 09:36 AM

They think they've got this Bear Market all figured out.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:00 AM

Very interesting chart.

If I read this right, they started selling in January, maybe getting uneasy with the lofty market at the time, which in retrospect would have been smart. Then sold all the way down during the Feb to March decline, probably protective stops getting hit or selling on margin calls. In late March that stopped and it appears they tentatively bought into this exuberant rally and now may be slipping out the door again at what they may believe is the rally top.

If so, what looks on the chart as being all wrong is actually being all right.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#4 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:07 AM

Very interesting chart.

If I read this right, they started selling in January, maybe getting uneasy with the lofty market at the time, which in retrospect would have been smart. Then sold all the way down during the Feb to March decline, probably protective stops getting hit or selling on margin calls. In late March that stopped and it appears they tentatively bought into this exuberant rally and now may be slipping out the door again at what they may believe is the rally top.

If so, what looks on the chart as being all wrong is actually being all right.

I agree, thank goodness I'm not the only one that reads charts the same.  Me and dachief had a huge discrepancy back in February when I said that the chart looked like there was going to be a big sell off before it started going up lol!!!  

#5 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:38 PM

It is really pretty simple at this point.

As long as SPX holds above 2940 after this breakaway attempt, long is still the place to be.

But time is running short for bulls to really lift this thing off, so if they don't do it by tomorrow, then they might not do it at all.

Charts all setup for possible liftoff, and Trannies appear to be leading it perhaps by a day...but if it DOES NOT lift off, then that will tell you something.

And usually on those kind of tells, the market moves in the direction of the failure pretty quickly...

I can make a chart case for either direction here, but the insane bearish sentiment and SH stuff gives me a bias to upside breakout from this sideways action.

But that bias will disappear in a hurry, if price starts acting wonky at this critical area...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#6 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:44 PM

Notably...VIX has not made fresh low on this breakout attempt by SPX...

That could change tomorrow...or not...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy