Ok we are in bullish mode now....

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,604 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 08:41 AM

NDX bounced right at 9400 and now back to unch...

As long as 9400 holds now, bulls OK for possible continued rampola....but if it goes down there again, could be sign NDX is running outta gas...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#12 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,604 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 08:42 AM

SOX notably NOT going up with NDX here...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#13 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 09:02 AM

I've always said this and have never been wrong yet in 35 years!  The market never goes up forever and it never goes down forever.  I agree it could continue higher but 7% in 7 days is irrational and it will adjust itself!!

Exactly what I think after any move which is too fast. There could be a sharp correction in cards.

And if that happens followed by a persistent upward move, it is the classic signal of booolish market ahead.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#14 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 09:07 AM

The SPX has been basically sideways for a month, it could be time for a big trending move higher

with small red days mixed in, not a 100 point correction.

#15 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 09:16 AM

The SPX has been basically sideways for a month, it could be time for a big trending move higher

sideways for a month ?.....in the last month the sp is up 200 handles.....am i missing something??

#16 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,444 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 09:41 AM

I agree except the breakout has been the 7% in 7 days, no matter what anyone thinks that's unsustainable so at the least volatility is about to ensue as the gains are digested that's what I see.

#17 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 10:17 AM

sideways for a month ?.....in the last month the sp is up 200 handles.....am i missing something??

I count 19 trading days from the top of the range to the breakout, close to a month.

https://invst.ly/qym56

#18 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,604 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 10:23 AM

This is what is being referred to...the action pre-breakout....even more pronounced on the Dow....could be a fantastic base to launch from.

SPX

spx.png

DOW

dji.png

#19 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 11:20 AM

Nice presentation, reminds me of what just happened in silver