Posted 29 May 2020 - 04:57 PM

https://www.tradingv...com/x/xAruXjbL/

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,018 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 06:24 PM

Look. There's a put under this market right now. Implied volatility is high. Interest rates are LOW. Financial companies can borrow for 15 basis points. So, you options guys, can you do the math for us? What happens if you borrow $10MM at 15 bp, buy the S&P (or some curated basket of stocks), then short the futures, then write options vs. the underlying, and collect the dividends. What's the net return on that every month?

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 06:43 PM

What is "Breeze"' 's real name.  

You seem to post a lot of other people's work.  Why?

Don't you do any of your own analysis?  

Edited by Dex, 29 May 2020 - 06:44 PM.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:50 PM

What is "Breeze"' 's real name.  

You seem to post a lot of other people's work.  Why?

dex    breeze works for me and posts charts i ask him to.....i have not the skill  nor the time to post charts like he does.........now get off my {bleeeep} and dont be sucha prick

#5 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 09:16 PM

Look. There's a put under this market right now. Implied volatility is high. Interest rates are LOW. Financial companies can borrow for 15 basis points. So, you options guys, can you do the math for us? What happens if you borrow $10MM at 15 bp, buy the S&P (or some curated basket of stocks), then short the futures, then write options vs. the underlying, and collect the dividends. What's the net return on that every month?

M

Any chance you can start a mutual fund doing exactly that? Non-option traders (like me) and many options traders would jump at a no risk proposition you suggest.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#6 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,721 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 08:15 AM

Probably the most inane comment ever posted on this board..seriously...

Wolanchuk has been doing analysis longer than some on this board have been alive.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#7 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 10:19 AM

What of his own work has he ever posted?
Link to it.
I've never seen it.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16