Dollar Index Low Oct. 2020

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:39 PM

QUESTION: There is a theory that the markets are rising because of the riots as the anarchy makes it more likely that Trump will win re-election. I’m wondering if the Dems remove Biden and replace him with a better candidate if this will cause the markets to tank.

SMD

[snip]  ANSWER: "I understand that is the fundamental people are trying to put on the rally. It is more complicated than just that. The dollar is backing off as the ECB is trying to push the currency higher in supporting a bullish view that digitizing the Euro will be bullish from the Euro by forcing people to take their money to the banks. These are punters looking for a quick profit and not the long-term trend.

The second half of the year is now looking to be a complete mess on every front."

https://www.armstron...-complete-mess/

All this could be why I have a projection for the US dollar index to form a big low next October, 2020. 

Edited by Russ, 03 June 2020 - 11:43 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#2 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 02:35 AM

Latest from MA indicating we are headed for a wild ride in the markets, da_cheif mocked me for saying the markets are doing a retracement and I predicted the spx etc would peak mid June but it looks like Armstrong sees things in a similar way, I am not saying new highs won't be seen eventually but it looks like test of support is probably coming at least, see below.... "This cycle will be on the back of shortages in commodities. This has been what the computer is forecasting all along. We have been witnessing shortages in food. But this coronavirus has also disrupted the supply chain in may areas. Then we have the Monetary Crisis Cycle coming for 2021 into 2022. With Europe planning to cancel its paper currency and try to force everyone into banks, you have the punters looking at this as bullish short-term for a trade.

1931-NYSE-Banking-Crisis-listing-shares.

The European and Japanese Governments will have little choice moving forward for they have destroyed their bond markets and are UNABLE to issue bonds that institutions will buy at these crazy rates. It is more than a simplistic printing of money. We are looking at the bond market is collapsing. This is the DESTRUCTION of Capital Formation so in the end, capital must flee anything connected with governments and seek shelter in primarily the stock markets.

So far, we are into a 3-month reactionary bounce with the NASDAQ taking the lead and the Dow lagging. This is very disquieting for it warns we are going to see much higher volatility into the next two years perhaps more so than anyone has ever witnessed in their life or for the past 300 years."

Edited by Russ, 04 June 2020 - 02:39 AM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#3 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 05:25 AM

the road ahead is only a complete mess to those who think that way......the road ahead is clear asa bell......watch the sky

being bearish and confused is easy.....anybody can do it

Edited by da_cheif, 04 June 2020 - 05:26 AM.

#4 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:00 AM

the road ahead is only a complete mess to those who think that way......the road ahead is clear asa bell......watch the sky

But what about the good people on this fantastic site that are "traders" as the sites name "traders talk" says, and aren't ever bullish or bearish.  Think some of us are way more ahead then just watching the sky cause the market went down -35% and we made money there and then made money on the way back up with the +40% rally up.  Watching the sky is still down on the year as I see it lol!!  You are probably right about new highs but I do agree, volatility is going to kick up in the next few months! 

#5 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:21 AM

https://twitter.com/...531745537884160

#6 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:24 AM

Russ,

looks like test of support is probably coming

What is support? What levels?

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 10:08 AM

But what about the good people on this fantastic site that are "traders" as the sites name "traders talk" says, and aren't ever bullish or bearish.  Think some of us are way more ahead then just watching the sky cause the market went down -35% and we made money there and then made money on the way back up with the +40% rally up.  Watching the sky is still down on the year as I see it lol!!  You are probably right about new highs but I do agree, volatility is going to kick up in the next few months! 

obviously ur one of those whos not confused......kudos

#8 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,998 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 10:59 AM

Latest from MA indicating we are headed for a wild ride in the markets, da_cheif mocked me for saying the markets are doing a retracement and I predicted the spx etc would peak mid June but it looks like Armstrong sees things in a similar way, I am not saying new highs won't be seen eventually but it looks like test of support is probably coming at least, see below.... "This cycle will be on the back of shortages in commodities. This has been what the computer is forecasting all along. We have been witnessing shortages in food. But this coronavirus has also disrupted the supply chain in may areas. Then we have the Monetary Crisis Cycle coming for 2021 into 2022. With Europe planning to cancel its paper currency and try to force everyone into banks, you have the punters looking at this as bullish short-term for a trade.

1931-NYSE-Banking-Crisis-listing-shares.

The European and Japanese Governments will have little choice moving forward for they have destroyed their bond markets and are UNABLE to issue bonds that institutions will buy at these crazy rates. It is more than a simplistic printing of money. We are looking at the bond market is collapsing. This is the DESTRUCTION of Capital Formation so in the end, capital must flee anything connected with governments and seek shelter in primarily the stock markets.

So far, we are into a 3-month reactionary bounce with the NASDAQ taking the lead and the Dow lagging. This is very disquieting for it warns we are going to see much higher volatility into the next two years perhaps more so than anyone has ever witnessed in their life or for the past 300 years."

Perhaps we finally get some acceleration to the upside?

#9 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 12:25 PM

Armstrong is saying that even the NASDAQ can swing all the way back down to retest the March lows.  That would be truly unprecented as most seem to be sold on the V bottom and new bull.

#10 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 12:51 PM

Russ,

looks like test of support is probably coming

What is support? What levels?

Tradesurfer just wrote that Armstrong thinks Nasdaq can go all the way back down to the March lows, I don't know how low it can go, I just think it is going to stall out in mid june.