• 10,960 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:04 PM

we see         .......

#2 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:30 PM

That means potentially the opposite effect?

Instead of a low now with high towards next Friday
Get a high now with a low towards next Friday?

#3 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:26 PM

thats what TA is for ........it gets u long when its supposed to and keeps u there  and when the signs say be carefull ...u report it and take the kind of action needed to protect some of  ur profits....thats what position trading is all about.. like the feb 12 temporary high eh,   ..

https://www.siliconi...htxt=hedges out

if the market keeps goin up   the hedges are gone.....but there are certain things that need to be resolved before im more confidemt that a breathing excercise is over.......watever happens into opex   higher prices are comming

if u hadnt noticed   feb WWW was a high.....im allways looking for trouble around www

Edited by da_cheif, 10 June 2020 - 09:35 PM.

#4 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 01:05 AM

Don, if it's not proprietary, what moving average crossing, pivot crossing, trend line crossing, number of black candles, take it off where you put it on plus fixed %, Chandelier stop, or other indicator will you be using to know when to take off your hedges? 

I always seem to get spooked out of the ones I use too quickly.  Currently I'm fond of Chandelier stops, but I have a bad habit of tightening the settings as a trend develops, so I don't give any reversal enough time to develop after tops.  I'm still enrolled in the school of hard knocks.

Regards,

Douglas

Edited by Douglas, 11 June 2020 - 01:07 AM.

#5 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:19 AM

its clx stuff and fib stuff and ewave stuff rsi stuff sentiment stuff...people turning bullish stuff...-g-......what i try to respond to is the same stuff the boyz what controls our financial destinies respond to   .....like tonites low stopped at the 75% retrace off the last swing low of  june 4  but volume stuff and ewave stuff suuggests      its going lower after a bounce to the 50% line to 3159....    unless certain things i look at fall into place...if this was easy everybody cud do it.    U know i dont take getting short term defensive lightly

Edited by OEXCHAOS, 11 June 2020 - 07:50 AM.

#6 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:32 AM

this from a clx student on wollie world forum

Category: General Interest
To: ALL
Date Posted: June 09, 2020 at 21:09:32
Subject: Mojo mix update ~

The mojo mix chart today has had a turn down of the 35 EMA from above the +5 line at even a higher level than at the ATH.

Typically this suggests a price reaction of some degree as you can see from this almost two year chart.

However today’s CLX/CLXPP spread is still wide and green….so the climate remains very favorable.

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:34 AM

this from another clx student on silicon investor forum

https://www.siliconi...?msgid=32780794

#8 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:56 AM

I know we just hit my 3120 level I was talking about the other day so took my short profits for overnight, 85 points and taking profits on my sold 3120 calls for $5 profit.  We'll see about my 3150 and 3200 calls after the open.  May even put my put trades back on if we go low enough by the close tomorrow.  I will likely reshort anyhow as this expiration cycle is still way over extended so we may just go lower into expiration next as you say, will be interesting....

#9 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:50 AM

Thanks for the feedback, Don.  I bought Joe Granville's New Strategy book which covered his Climax Indicator or CLX back in the early 80's.  It takes so much time to evaluate the OBV of the 30 individual DOW stocks that I never managed to find the time to fully utilize what Joe showed although in principle it should provide a really good divergence indicator. 

My experience with Elliott Wave is that it works best in hindsight, that you should never do your counts in ink because they will change, and you should always have an alternate count to avoid looking completely stupid.

I've grown fairly bone idle in my old age, so I look for relatively simple signals to act on.  Where possible I try to follow the K.I.S.S. rule, Keep It Simple Stupid.

Regards,

Douglas

#10 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:51 AM

Gap Fill.

Options Oscillator Buy, so we'll likely set that up today with a low.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter