Thank you China...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 06:32 AM

for killing our tourism......you' re great. Just a few years ago.....sars........now...........covid. Waiting for the next.....thank you a lot. Saturday evening at Lake Garda I couldn' t see the shadow of our tourism from Northern Europe. I could just count on my fingers the number of Germans on vacation. That' s great............@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ 

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 07:29 AM

great job....waiting for the next

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:04 AM

Nothing good comes out of China except deceit, diseases and poor quality goods with bad assembly instructions.

Edited by pdx5, 23 June 2020 - 09:04 AM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#4 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:10 AM

Need to stop all trade with China, let them figure out how to survive.

China is not much better than North Korea.

#5 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:12 AM

Need to stop all trade with China, let them figure out how to survive on their own.

China is not much better than North Korea.

#6 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:29 AM

the damage is immense......central banks will have to keep on printing as hell because I don' t think it's just us, I think that all the tourist locations in Europe are going to suffer a loss that is even difficult to calculate. Lufthansa the German flight company, today's news, is facing problems to go on and survive. When tourism is dead, it's all the chain that goes broken. It's incredible. With this thing we are getting back to 1950 as they show it on tv.......this summer everybody at home. Wonderfull......... 

Edited by andr99, 23 June 2020 - 09:29 AM.

#7 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:57 AM

Andre what do you speak about ?

Italy has ALWAYS gotten Plagues from China going back 1000 years

you location is why you became rich - its also why you suffer

here is the history for you to read :

https://italicsmag.c...s-relationship/

#8 dwnowhere1

dwnowhere1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:38 AM

While I'm not a China advocate, IMHO a little perspective to this discussion is needed:

1)  China now reminds me of Japan after WWII.

Japan Initially put out a lot of junk, but now great products.

During Viet Nam everyone wanted Japanese Amps, etc.

China will eventually get there, the question is when?

2)  Re the virus.  Could of happened to anyone.

Sir Alexander Fleming biggest concern after he found penicillin, was its over use and we would be back

to the world Not having anything to treat bacterial infections (pre 1941).   The world has never really had

a "permanent" solution to cure a virus.  We inoculate, but basically a hope and a prayer.

#9 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:58 AM

While I'm not a China advocate, IMHO a little perspective to this discussion is needed:

1)  China now reminds me of Japan after WWII.

Japan Initially put out a lot of junk, but now great products.

During Viet Nam everyone wanted Japanese Amps, etc.

China will eventually get there, the question is when?

2)  Re the virus.  Could of happened to anyone.

Sir Alexander Fleming biggest concern after he found penicillin, was its over use and we would be back

to the world Not having anything to treat bacterial infections (pre 1941).   The world has never really had

a "permanent" solution to cure a virus.  We inoculate, but basically a hope and a prayer.

In italy...and I' m an independentist Northerner, i.e. not a supporter of this so called ''nation'', we have a chain of controls for what ends up on our table to be eaten that is very effective. We haven' t had any spread of illnesses such as the mad cow desease or Kreutzfeld and Jacobs desease nor we have suffered from any kind of ilnesses transmitted by animals. Is it that difficult to do the same for anyone else ? China has the possibility to do that because China is not Africa and is not poor. They have to forbid the consume of wild animals, first of all. Because bats don' t transmit anything to you if you let them where they are. What does the World Health Organization do ? Apart paying its employees, that I guess are a lot and well paid.......       

Edited by andr99, 23 June 2020 - 10:59 AM.

#10 dwnowhere1

dwnowhere1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:13 PM

we have a chain of controls for what ends up on our table to be eaten that is very effective.

The US has something similar called the FDA (Food and Drug Administration).  If I recall correctly it was established around the 1900's because of all the tainted meat being peddled.  However FDA it not perfect as people cheat.  We had a company called King Groceries (a large chain) which was taking bad meat and using bleach to try and extend its life or at least visual appearance to the consumer -- around the 1990s as I recall.  They eventually got caught.

If my readings are correct Italy itself has a big problem with the mafia tampering with Virgin Olive oil so who knows what's in a bottle?. 

While I agree China could do a lot more, so could the US on a lot of things.   My understanding Europe is proactive in that someone has to prove a claim (ie. the item works) prior to it being sold to the public.  Not in the US.  They let people peddle most anything (diet pills and supplements for example), but rely on the legal system to deal with it.  So if harm is done, one can only get satisfaction AFTER they've been harmed, instead of Not being harmed in the first place.  The primary objective for this seems to be to keep people employed so those in power remain in power.

Edited by dwnowhere1, 23 June 2020 - 12:15 PM.