The COVID-19 Death Rate Kept Decreasing in the US

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:29 AM

no need to wait for second wave----to see higher death now, in those states--hospitals overloaded,

people losing family and loved ones, panic now, as well as so many others scared in this country, others disregard safety ways, live for today and don,t care 

#32 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:43 AM

no need to wait for second wave----to see higher death now, in those states--hospitals overloaded,

people losing family and loved ones, panic now, as well as so many others scared in this country, others disregard safety ways, live for today and don,t care 

Just wash hands with SOAP, preferably dish washing liquid, before touching your face, and chance of getting infected drop close to zero.

No need to panic. I am 80 years old and not in panic. If I can go on a cruise end of February, and do all my normal activities so far, and no symptoms of any sickness, anybody can do it. Just use the brain God gave you. Washing hands will also reduce chance of catching common cold and influenza.

A good Dish washing fluid such as Dawn works better than hand sanitizers. Because it dissolves the protective fat layer around the virus cell. Then the virus cell dies quickly.

Edited by pdx5, 25 June 2020 - 07:45 AM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#33 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,025 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 09:27 AM

The destination is a herd immunity and we are moving toward it day by day as the PCR test positive cases are increasing, lockdowns are just like kicking the can down the road..................

The economy is bad enough and the chance for better economic data is much higher than for even worse data, and so the stock market is the place to park the money thanks the Fed for such a low rate.

Edited by redfoliage2, 25 June 2020 - 09:36 AM.

#34 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:11 AM

check out New Zealand-----lockdown  worked perfect---hardly any virus in whole country

#35 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:21 AM

no big surprise in Florida Gov. Desantis opened up all beaches, restaurants, allllllllllllll

Virus numbers sky rocketed----should have kept lockdown

#36 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:56 AM

There are worse things than death - like the college and pro football seasons being canceled.

Kansas State is the first Power 5 college team to shut down practice. The Houston and Boise teams have already shut down. Thirty LSU players are in quarantine. Clemson has 23 players testing positive.

And the beat goes on as Covid19 works its way through the young, going to bars, dancing and prancing with no masks and social distancing skin to skin.

(click on the Kansas State wildcats to read the story)

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#37 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,025 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:38 AM

check out New Zealand-----lockdown  worked perfect---hardly any virus in whole country

As I said thats just kicking the can down the road. Its easier to kick the can (The pandemic) down the road for countries with small populations or with an authoritarian country. But in the US a herd immunity is the ultimate solution and we are on the road to it. So with the nucleic acid based positive cases going up we are getting closer to the herd immunity every day ..........

Edited by redfoliage2, 25 June 2020 - 11:45 AM.

#38 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:59 AM

As I said thats just kicking the can down the road. Its easier to kick the can (The pandemic) down the road for countries with small populations or with an authoritarian country. But in the US a herd immunity is the ultimate solution and we are on the road to it. So with the nucleic acid based positive cases going up we are getting closer to the herd immunity every day ..........

Do you have any evidence supporting this assertion? Further, even if we were getting closer to herd immunity, at the moment, it's not at all clear that immunity lasts longer than a few months, and there is some evidence that it may not. Would you trade this way, on a hunch or hope? The stakes are high, possibly hundreds of thousands of human lives and health consequences for multiples of that number.

#39 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,813 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:16 PM

Looks like we may in the plateau stage in AZ....7 days now without any major increases in daily case counts.

Edited by K Wave, 25 June 2020 - 12:16 PM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#40 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,025 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:18 PM

From the published data and analyses of the data the fatality rate is not much higher than that of flu, and majority of the patients under 60 recovered.  This is the base for a herd immunity and a her immunity is the ultimate solution unless effective vaccines are available................. 

Edited by redfoliage2, 25 June 2020 - 12:27 PM.