The COVID-19 Death Rate Kept Decreasing in the US

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:40 PM

ooops ===== Texas governor-scaling back from openings-----, did not want to wait for herd immunity, while so many catching virus and many deaths.

#42 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:54 PM

Europe population 700 million USA 340 million 

Europe cases about equal USA, so our rate twice of Europe

With European union you can go from one country to another like one country

Sad, with all our great scientists and money in our country

CDC just said for every case found, there are 10 not found.

#43 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:59 PM

Why is getting infected with SARS-CoV-2 to “get it over with” not a good idea?

With some other diseases, such as chickenpox before the varicella vaccine was developed, people sometimes exposed themselves intentionally as a way of achieving immunity. For less severe diseases, this approach might be reasonable. But the situation for SARS-CoV-2 is very different: COVID-19 carries a much higher risk of severe disease and even death.

The death rate for COVID-19 is unknown, but current data suggest it is 10 times higher than for the flu. It’s higher still among vulnerable groups like the elderly and people with weakened immune systems. Even if the same number of people ultimately get infected with SARS-CoV-2, it’s best to space those infections over time to avoid overwhelming our doctors and hospitals. Quicker is not always better, as we have seen in previous epidemics with high mortality rates, such as the 1918 Flu pandemic.

#44 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,000 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:36 PM

Got 10 times death rate for the pandemic with a sample that had only 41 patients?  It's a joke.  Not sound statistics.  Go to this site you will find the needed data with huge sample sizes to calculate the death rate that is not much higher the that from the flu .................

https://www.worldome...rus/country/us/

Edited by redfoliage2, 25 June 2020 - 01:42 PM.

#45 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:53 PM

With some other diseases, such as chickenpox before the varicella vaccine was developed, people sometimes exposed themselves intentionally as a way of achieving immunity. For less severe diseases, this approach might be reasonable. But the situation for SARS-CoV-2 is very different: COVID-19 carries a much higher risk of severe disease and even death.

The death rate for COVID-19 is unknown, but current data suggest it is 10 times higher than for the flu. It’s higher still among vulnerable groups like the elderly and people with weakened immune systems. Even if the same number of people ultimately get infected with SARS-CoV-2, it’s best to space those infections over time to avoid overwhelming our doctors and hospitals. Quicker is not always better, as we have seen in previous epidemics with high mortality rates, such as the 1918 Flu pandemic.

SARS-CoV-2 is one of the easiest diseases to avoid. One way of acquiring infection is touching a person who is infected, talking for a long time with that person in close proximity, that person coughing in your direction etc.

But when I go on a cruise, or to any of my favorite restaurant, I avoid all of above with strangers I do not know. I will not shake hands with people. It is all so easy to avoid! In the rest room I wash hands before peeing.

So how can I get infect with SARS-CoV-2? By touching any of the hundreds of item I touch which are touched by others recently. Infected person can shed the virus through sweaty hands to the object touched.

Examples:

Shopping cart handle

Door knob to open rest room door

Flush handle of commode

Every large fruit in store...people examine many before placing one in cart

Every package on store shelves...handled by others to check it out

Every unpackaged item such as a drinking glass, a hat, a shoe etc

Gas dispenser lever...one of the most contaminated object perhaps

Menu sheet in restaurants

table and chair in restaurants

on and on on

You touch those objects (very probable) then touch any mucous part of your body (nose, mouth, eyes, penis)

and the virus cells can enter the body with ease. That is why I have disciplined myself to never touch my face with unwashed hands. That could explain why an old 80 year old fart like me has avoided getting infected. I find it very easy to accomplish.

Washing with soap dissolves the fatty coating around the virus cell. When that protective coat is gone, the virus cell dies quickly. Dawn dish washing fluid is very effective, much more than hand sanitizers in my opinion.

Edited by pdx5, 25 June 2020 - 01:58 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#46 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,000 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:59 PM

Got 10 times death rate for the pandemic with a sample that had only 41 patients?  It's a joke.  Not sound statistics.  Go to this site you will find the needed data with huge sample sizes to calculate the death rate that is not much higher the that from the flu .................

https://www.worldome...rus/country/us/

As COVID-19 is a new disease nowadays many "expects" have been in a hurry to publish findings with small size of samples studied.   The problem is that they see only a few individual trees and ignore the forest and we got all kinds of rumors floating around on the internet about the disease.  I wonder how many will be proved to be true?

Edited by redfoliage2, 25 June 2020 - 02:04 PM.

#47 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:04 PM

The COVID-19 Death Rate Kept Decreasing in the US

Tell this to Texas.

#48 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,000 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:10 PM

As I said don't just look at a few individual trees and ignore the forest.  Regarding Texas as of yesterday's data the death rate is 0.0174, comparable to the rate from the flu.  But why panic?  I think it's the media .................

Edited by redfoliage2, 25 June 2020 - 02:15 PM.

#49 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:17 PM

5000 new cases in Calif. today-----all news is bad now

#50 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:20 PM

SARS-CoV-2 is one of the easiest diseases to avoid. One way of acquiring infection is touching a person who is infected, talking for a long time with that person in close proximity, that person coughing in your direction etc.

But when I go on a cruise, or to any of my favorite restaurant, I avoid all of above with strangers I do not know. I will not shake hands with people. It is all so easy to avoid! In the rest room I wash hands before peeing.

So how can I get infect with SARS-CoV-2? By touching any of the hundreds of item I touch which are touched by others recently. Infected person can shed the virus through sweaty hands to the object touched.

Examples:

Shopping cart handle

Door knob to open rest room door

Flush handle of commode

Every large fruit in store...people examine many before placing one in cart

Every package on store shelves...handled by others to check it out

Every unpackaged item such as a drinking glass, a hat, a shoe etc

Gas dispenser lever...one of the most contaminated object perhaps

Menu sheet in restaurants

table and chair in restaurants

on and on on

You touch those objects (very probable) then touch any mucous part of your body (nose, mouth, eyes, penis)

and the virus cells can enter the body with ease. That is why I have disciplined myself to never touch my face with unwashed hands. That could explain why an old 80 year old fart like me has avoided getting infected. I find it very easy to accomplish.

Washing with soap dissolves the fatty coating around the virus cell. When that protective coat is gone, the virus cell dies quickly. Dawn dish washing fluid is very effective, much more than hand sanitizers in my opinion.

your posts about the virus are absolute insanity