• Please log in to reply
1292 replies to this topic

#1261 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:41 AM

GSR looks higher to me and that worries me, took off half of longs

Lots of things to worry about, but GSR still OK (doing a back test of the small reversal pattern that formed at the 23.6% FIB of the entire impulse move down), needs to turn back down again soon

GSR put in a double bottom and looks headed for minimum 95 level. The chart has a bull flag formation that is breaking out. 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#1262 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:40 AM

Lots of things to worry about, but GSR still OK (doing a back test of the small reversal pattern that formed at the 23.6% FIB of the entire impulse move down), needs to turn back down again soon

GSR put in a double bottom and looks headed for minimum 95 level. The chart has a bull flag formation that is breaking out. 

Yeah Russ that count is "valid" that we "might" have a wave C up in GSR to that 95 area. I exited rest of longs this mornin for some decent short term gains on the trade. However I am not at this timef avoring that count for the GSR and I am again neutral, I think the next few sessions will help tell us what outcome is more likely - do we have a large C down in gold/miners, or is this just a near term correction and rally soon resumes in gold/miners.

Senor

#1263 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:15 AM

Yeah Russ that count is "valid" that we "might" have a wave C up in GSR to that 95 area. I exited rest of longs this mornin for some decent short term gains on the trade. However I am not at this time favoring that count for the GSR and I am again neutral, I think the next few sessions will help tell us what outcome is more likely - do we have a large C down in gold/miners, or is this just a near term correction and rally soon resumes in gold/miners.

Senor

Interesting Senor,  if there is a large C down coming then what date did B peak?

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#1264 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:00 AM

time segmented volume on gdx looks bullish. let gdx break solidly

above the 50dma and things will be good 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#1265 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 12:47 PM

Just bot back in, I have followed these MACD Oscillators for a good while and they are often not great pinpoint timing tools but usually get the "several week" trend right, take a look:

https://www.investor...sg&mid=21228341

Senor

#1266 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 02:34 PM

this is a tough business. and if you go back to pre 70s you had to be quite precise as a speculator . the fluctuations in the market were small. it was picking up nickels and dimes

now we have these big swings , and there are many ways to make money

this game is about making money. that is all its about.   so, there are zero interest rates and the fed is saying there will be 0 interest rates for years

both political parties see the need to print money for stimulus(i always thought you had to work to acquire money)  so there will be at least a trillion more created to bail out failing business and folks who have lost their jobs due to covid. 

and then again there is the fed. they are doing qe (qe to infinity! and beyond)  . i understand the gold market have been and followed this market for more than 40 years. just these circumstances that i mentioned briefly here  any one of them can create a gold bull market . 

and we have all of them going full speed ahead.  so, i sit my boat is loaded. and wait.  the tide will be coming in . we are no longer in the gulag years. of 11-18  . we left kansas .  we have entered into a world where other countries have entered before. germany. argentina come to mind.   i didnt  make these rules but i can play by them.    my suggestion is dont put on a position that you are uncomfortable  w/ if you do you will make mistakes.  so , i wait   there will be more stimulus no matter who is elected.  and the fed is and has been an engine of inflation.  so no surprises. there.  we are working off those dsi #s in the 90s last i looked we are in the 20s 

dharma

senor so what is your current position?

Edited by dharma, 15 October 2020 - 02:36 PM.

#1267 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:16 PM

Dharma, what hour is it?smile.png  Lately that has determined how I am positioned and actually all my recent ins/outs have been profitable, nice to get lucky for a while at least!purebs.gif  Bought back today at GDX 40.26 and KL 50.50, about 25% long and unless I see something glaring near term likely won't go higher. 

Senor

#1268 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:47 PM

http://schrts.co/pJYujNmE

one view

#1269 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:00 PM

i saw some one write recently gold loves debt. well no shortage of debt all over the place

the metals may have very well bottomed today we will see the stocks bottomed on the 7th 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#1270 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:28 AM

dsi   gold =30  silver=31   hgnsi=11.67

senor, yes its a choppy market.  i believe that accumulation is taking place in this price area . when done there will be mark up.  the shorts have tried to scale back their positions , but the market has not allowed that . the torrid pace of deliveries on the comex has kept them holding their shorts,unable to get out.  me i watch . not making any calls as my september calls were duds.  sooner or later the prevailing trend will assert itself all the pieces of the puzzle are there , in spades

dharma

this election is quite amazing.   what a choice!?   ubi is quite scary.   in the end everyone is poor. whatever happened to john smith "you dont work, you dont eat! maybe i am just old

Edited by dharma, 16 October 2020 - 10:29 AM.